Technology leaders talk about balancing infrastructure, operations and people requirements in an increasingly competitive and digital environment.
New Zealand CIOs reveal the upsides – and challenges – of getting the additional qualification.
David Kennedy of Orion Health discusses why a co-joined CIO/CISO portfolio is an imperative for a global company dealing with sensitive information.
New Zealand organisations lead in awareness of cybersecurity risks, and bringing these to the attention of the board, according to the 2015 Global Information Security Survey. But they need to scale up on key areas to keep constantly evolving cybersecurity threats at bay.
- Movers and shakers: David Moss of Fletcher Building, Mike Smith of Spark Digital and Andrew Groth of Infosys
- Murray Wills: Why I became a ‘virtual CIO’
- Major US credit union deploys Wynyard Advanced Crime Analytics tool
- In pictures: CIO Roundtable on 'The dynamics of collaboration' (Wellington)
- What Gartner's Bimodal IT Model Means to Enterprise CIOs
- SEO and SEM predictions and tips for 2015
- Why social listening platforms are failing
- MYOB launches cloud ERP for mid-sized businesses
- In Pictures: 10 simple-to-use social media monitoring and analytics tools
- The five steps to successful digital transformation
- NZ’s unified communications market tipped to grow over 3 per cent in next two years
- Montessori at work
- Spark announces ‘Digital First’ program and changes to leadership team
- How to Mitigate Data Monetization Risks
- 8 Key IT Hiring Trends to Watch for in 2015
- Movers and shakers: John Holley, Lincoln Watson and Clare Swallow
- New Plymouth District Council deploys enterprise content management system from TechnologyOne
- CEOs Have Rosier View of Data Initiatives Than Rest of Management
- How Mobile, Social Tech Elevate Enterprise Collaboration
- What companies look for when recruiting CIOs
- How to future-proof your ICT career
- Using social media to enhance your ICT career
- CIO Upfront: The User Experience guru
- Digital Glue: Why APIs need to be part of your 2015 strategy
- 6 Reasons Your Business Needs Female Leadership
Collaboration tools are critical as teams are called on to respond more quickly to changes impacting the business. ICT executives share their experiences in deploying these tools at a CIO roundtable in Wellington held in conjunction with Spark Digital.
Movers and shakers: David Moss of Fletcher Building, Mike Smith of Spark Digital and Andrew Groth of Infosys
A roundup of the latest business technology executive appointments in New Zealand and Australia
The founder of Maxsys is a CIO of several organisations simultaneously – and he sees growing demand for the services of his team of ‘virtual CIOs’.
Florida-based PSCU signs multi-year agreement with Kiwi software group
Collaboration tools are critical as teams are called on to respond more quickly to changes impacting the business. ICT executives share their experiences in deploying these tools at a CIO roundtable in Wellington held in conjunction with Spark Digital. Photos by Brooke Woollett
In 2014, Gartner introduced a prescriptive organization model for enterprise IT called "Bimodal IT." It posits that IT organizations of the future will have two separate flavors, if you will: Type 1 is traditional IT, focused on stability and efficiency, while Type 2 is an experimental, agile organization focused on time-to-market, rapid application evolution, and, in particular, tight alignment with business units.
Ask any digital marketing expert about the major trends they expect to see in 2015, and he or she will likely answer with one word: mobile.
Chooses Amazon Web Services as local hosts for MYOB Advanced.
Digital Darwinism is unkind to those who wait, says Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
But traditional vendors will face competition from a new breed of cloud-based players, reports Audrey William of Frost & Sullivan.
IBM has strenuously denied circulating media reports that the company will slash 110,000 jobs under a scheme known internally as Project Chrome, representing 26% of its global workforce.
Businesses can learn from the principles espoused by a doctor and educator that changed the game for schools at the start of the 20th century – and continues to today.
Chris Quin to depart in mid-2015
A roundup of the latest business technology executive appointments and events in New Zealand and Australia.
ICT chief Kevin Glynn says digitisation of data will help automate processes and facilitate mobile strategy
CIO Australia talks to three career experts to find out what companies are looking for when recruiting CIOs.