Aaron O'Brien of Les Mills International is building what could be the fittest ICT team in the country.
Could the All Blacks be a fitting model for process management? This insight cropped up at a recent CIO roundtable held in association with Promapp.
CIO Darrin Hackett says involvement of clinicians was a top agenda in the rollout.
‘The CIO can be an incredibly powerful position’ – the relentless pressures of the job are also opportunities to forge a great career and help the organisation outrank the competition.
- 6 IT Strategies to Stay Ahead of Data Center Trends
- 5 women who've made it in IT
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Wespac uses Google Glass, disruptive tech to become the 'best digital bank in the world'
- In Pictures: 10 desktop apps to power Windows PC
- In Pictures: Best iPhone, iPad business apps for 2014
- Target CIO Resignation Puts Retail CIOs on Alert
- CIOs Must Look to Adaptive Security Systems in Face of Evolving Threats
- CIOs Battle Worker Apathy Towards Lost or Stolen Mobile Phones
- Legacy applications driving staff away: survey
- Datacom acquires Origen Technology
- The new CIO fitout: Wearable tech
- How to Build Trust as a New IT Executive
- 5 Things Cloud Providers Need to Know About Selling to the Government
- Gamification the new game changer?
- When tech titans join forces: The verdict on 6 big mergers
- In pictures: CIO roundtable: ‘The intersection of business technology and customer strategy’
- 4 Ways Businesses Use Free Wi-Fi to Better Serve Customers
- How Gamification Makes Customer Service Fun
- In Pictures: 6 great Lightning charging gadgets for iPhone aficionados
- Doing business with Kieron Lawson
- ‘Crash your own gates’ and nine other steps to combat cyber threats
- CMOs Eye CEO Office, But Need CIOs to Get There
- Everything you know about enterprise security is wrong
- 5 Things You Need to Know About Bluetooth Low Energy
Preparing your organisation for Google Glass and the next ‘bring your own’ range
Automation, virtualization, cloud computing -- these technology trends are transforming the data center and enabling companies to lower costs, increase flexibility and improve reliability. However, these shifts require IT, and their outsourcing providers, to rethink traditional strategies.
E-learning is a cost-effective, accessible way to boost your job skills without the hassles of 'traditional' degree programs.
"We want to be at the forefront of technology," says chief digital officer Simon Pomeroy, during demonstration of Google Glass and iBeacon at bank headquarters.
Forbes came out with its list of billionaires and techies make an impressive showing on the list.
As Beth Jacob's resignation from Target shows, retail CIOs are culpable for security breaches even though they might not have the resources in-house to protect the company.
Consumerisation of IT
Microsoft's government security expert warns that there's no such thing as perfect security, so systems must be able to adapt and respond to attacks on unforeseen vulnerabilities.
SDNs have gone from concept to reality.
American workers don't get too worked up about lost or stolen mobile phones -- even if those phones contain company data. A large percentage think it's not their problem and don't change their security practices afterwards. Are CIOs partly to blame for not setting stricter and clearer mobile security policies?
One of the main reasons staff may want to leave an organisation is because of legacy green screen applications making their work life hard, according to a new global survey by Vanson Bourne.
Without updates after April 8 Windows XP is expected to fall prey to any number of zero-day attacks for which Microsoft will provide no defense, but there are some things die-hard XP users can do to make their machines safer.
Tauranga-based company provides software for around 20 percent of New Zealand local governments.
When it comes to mobile devices, it's well known that malware writers like to target Android. But a threat report published by security firm F-Secure puts in perspective why Android malware attacks often flop and why Android itself is no pushover.
How to prepare your organisation for Google Glass and the next ‘bring your own’ range
Apple's chief financial officer, Peter Oppenheimer, a long-familiar voice to Wall Street on the company's quarterly earnings calls, will retire at the end of September.
Making the move to a management position or the executive level isn't easy. You've got to get the job done, but you don't want to alienate the coworkers and friends that you've built relationships with over the years.
Sign up now »
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource ...
"But really... what's the definition of "Tele-". Transmission over a distance. Nothing ..."
Telecom changes name to Spark
"They should have had a public vote on this one! How about ..."
Telecom changes name to Spark
"Interesting time to file an IPO.Cumulative losses $112.5M as of September 30, ..."
Aerohive hopes to ride enterprise Wi-Fi to a $75M IPO
"Chris, very insightful article. One other open source technology to mention is ..."
Intel wants to be the 'operating system' for big data
"Sometimes it's not the pay that attracts a move, rather getting that ..."
IT professionals switching jobs for less money