The portfolio will be part of the newly-created Chief Digital Officer role, which is currently being filled through a global search.
It will be a CIO-plus role reporting to Chief Executive Officer Christopher Luxon, explains Raue, who was appointed CIO eight years ago. She joined the airline as a contractor in 1999, then progressed to roles including Distribution and Customer Solutions manager and General Manager Group IT Production.
Raue explains that Air New Zealand has recently completed a full digital review, which she led, to assess the next phase of digital transformation at the airline.
“Rob McDonald (Air NZ Chief Financial Officer) and I worked with the Executive Team to widen the scope from an IT review to include all areas of the organisation that could influence and grow our digital presence which resulted in the creation of a Chief Digital Officer role reporting to the Chief Executive Officer,” says Raue in an interview with CIO New Zealand.
She explains the Executive Team has been giving considerable attention to the areas of innovation and digital over the past 18 months, which included a trip by the team to Silicon Valley where the airline executives met with 10 of the world’s leading companies in the innovation and digital arena.Read more: Demand heats up for data scientists/analysts
The CDO’s team will include the full IT team, along with parts of the existing sales, marketing and operations functions.
Raue says some of the key accountabilities of the CDO are:
• Breakthrough innovation to remove customer pain points and deliver a world class experience.Read more: The rise of ‘app only’ organisations and other tech-fuelled disruptions
• Generating influence in Digital Channels and Loyalty that leads to greater revenue and loyalty.
• Engaging and enabling people through Digital Enterprise, providing immediate access to tools and information.
• Delivering on the promise of highly available Digital Operations.
• Exploiting Data and Analytics platforms to deliver a truly personalised experience for customers.Read more: Movers and shakers: Andries van der Westhuizen, Paul Brabin and Richard Earl
• Protecting digital assets through an ever-evolving advanced Information Security practice.
• Setting Air New Zealand’s Digital Strategy and ensuring the company has the Digital Capability available to deliver on the plan.
Raue explains the CDO’s team will include the full IT team, along with parts of the existing sales, marketing and operations functions.
“It’s a really exciting time for Air New Zealand, and one of the largest internal transformation programmes for some time from a people perspective,” she concludes.Read more: Movers and shakers: Jon Cumming is now chief digital officer at ACT Government
Amazing job for a visionary thinker https://t.co/6D6YMG2lWs
— Jennie Vickers (@jennievickers) August 11, 2015
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.orgRead more: Brace for industry convergence and digital transformation: Frost & Sullivan
Follow Divina Paredes on Twitter: @divinap
Follow CIO New Zealand on Twitter:@cio_nz
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.