ArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - Sydney
- Global IT and Managed Security Services
- Must be eligible to work in Australia.
- HP ArcSight experience "Essential"
ArcSight Security Engineer with in-depth technical experience with HP Arcsight needed to join global IT Services company in North Ryde area
This Global IT & Managed Security services provider in the North Ryde area, requires the expertise of an experienced ArcSight Security Engineer with hands on technical experience with HP ArcSight within an enterprise environment.
The Arcsight Security Engineer will be responsible for configuring, maintaining, tuning and enhancing there Australia region SIEM platform based on HP Arcsight.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Configure and maintain production and non-production Arcsight solutions
- Leads all regional SIEM solution design work, covering new customers, services, platform growth and scalability
- Mentors junior SOC analysts and engineers in using and configuring Arcsight
- Supports the regional SOC lead architect with product-level expertise and feedback into the overall SOC operating model and delivery architecture
- Integrates with global SOC teams for information sharing, solution vision/direction
- Implements effective Arcsight SIEM operational processes and procedures across the SOC analyst and engineering teams
- Monitors HP Arcsight vendor product information, notifications, updates, and participates in related forums and interest groups
- Supports incident and problem resolution by providing expert-level advice, research and remediation, including those relating to the software and its configuration, or issues relating to event based content rules, correlations, dashboards, reports etc.
- Identifies opportunities for SIEM services to be enhanced, based on customer demand, market developments, operational findings; and socialises these with the regional and global SOC architecture teams and service development as required
- Provides Arcsight/SIEM-related technical advice and design support to the sales and consulting team, including input to solution design responses for new business opportunities
- Configures Arcsight solutions to support new customer requirements, including configuration of ESM customers, storage groups, connectors, forwarders, etc, and definition and configuration of SIEM base data for customer, networks, zones, assets, categorisation, etc.
Key Essential Skills:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in IT, with at least 3 years experience in a role where the primary responsibility was configuration and operation of Arcsight-based SIEM solutions.
- Knowledge of Information Security principles and practices in a Security Operations Centre environment.
- Solid, in-depth expertise in deploying and managing Arcsight in a large, complex enterprise environment, including configuring ESM, Logger, SmartConnectors and developing FlexConnectors
- HP Arcsight certifications and all or majority of product training completed
- Broad understanding of IT Security principles associated with networks, internet, email, operating systems, firewalls, VPN's, databases, virus management, intrusion detection, cryptography and e-commerce, with high level expertise/specialisation in several of these fields.
- Has technical and product experience in at least 2 of the following additional security solution types: anti-malware, vulnerability management, compliance, access management, intrusion prevention.
- Hands-on competency in Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge in Technical Services, with special reference to CobiT and ITIL.
- Project, analysis, problem solving, and business relationship skills.
- An understanding of current legislation and precedence governing IT.
- Good interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and task demands effectively.
- Good analytical skills
- Solid writing and communications skills.
- Ability to work within challenging business environments
- Higher education certificate or degree, preferably in technical discipline or field (Architecture, computer science, etc)
- ISO 27001/17799, PCI. ASCI 33 Certification
- Knowledge of ISO 27701/17799 standards
- Knowledge of PCI and ASCI33 standards
- CISSP, CISM, CEH, GSEC certifications
APPLY NOW for this exciting career development opportunity
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Nathan Coller on 02 94645869. Please quote our job reference number: 200164216.
Reference Number: 200164216_13
Contact Details: Nathan Coller (02) 9464 5869 / 0466 909 609
How to Apply?
Click on the link below
Contact Name: Nathan Coller
Contact Phone: (02) 9464 5869 / 0466 909 609