- AWS experience is ideal
- Huge transformational project
- Contract opportunity 6-9 months
An exciting contracting opportunity to join a large multi-national consulting organisation in Adelaide using cutting edge cloud technology.
Project Manager - AWS Technology
An exciting contracting opportunity based in Adelaide has arrived with one of our major consulting clients. They require the services of a Project Manager with a strong infrastructure and migration project delivery exposure. This project is an exciting and transformational piece of work that will be exceptionally challenging for the successful candidate; however they will be supported by a great organisation that is increasing its Adelaide footprint and an experienced project delivery team.
There is a significant Amazon Web Services component to this role and as a result the client needs a Project Manager that has heavy exposure to cloud based projects using the AWS platform to be highly considered for this role.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity where you will add real value and where opportunities for professional development will continue to arise. You will be able to use your experience in a varied and busy role working in a highly skilled local project team, working with cutting edge cloud technology.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for one or more medium sized projects of low to moderate complexity.
- Prepares detailed statements of work and gains concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjusts accordingly.
- Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
- Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and objectives. Participates in work as applicable.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. May revise as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provides input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
- Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
To be successful in this specific role you will need the following skills and experience:
- A strong track record in the delivery of infrastructure (ideally relocation) and major data migration projects
- Experience using the AWS platform to build a new Desktop environment
- Ideally experience in the movement of large complex volumes of data from one organisation to another via AWS
- A track record working on major transformational and complex projects of medium budget value
- Minimum of 5 years project management delivery in the infrastructure & data migration environment
- Great communication skills including the ability to translate technical talk to business stakeholders
- Knowledge and exposure of Prince2 or PMBOK methodologies with the ability to adapt to internal business project methodologies
- Clear communication skills and the ability to work with senior stakeholders and technical staff
To be considered for the role click the 'Apply' button or for more information about this and other opportunities please contact Alex Martinson on 0874220612. Please quote our job reference number: 200164832.
Reference Number: 200164832_1
How to Apply?
Click on the link below