Senior IS executive: Jon Cumming, CIO
Address: Mayfair House, 44-52 The Terrace, Wellington
• Enhance compliance with the Department’s legislative framework
• Generate operational efficiencies to provide better public value
• Support a greater sharing of information to increase efficiency and reduce risk
• Maintain an effective technology infrastructure to support day-to-day operations
• Provide improved resilience and DR capability to support more technology-dependent business continuity
• Ensure greater co-operation across the justice sector. The department’s infrastructure transformation is nearly complete, and relies on IaaS from Gen-i. As a result, the organisation will procure virtual servers and storage ‘on demand’, and only maintain a declining fleet of Department-owned physical infrastructure. ICT staff numbers, budgets and projects have increased in 2012 to support the changes. This growth will enable key projects, including implementation of next generation desktop OS, workforce time management, an IOMS transformation, several justice sector initiatives, such as AVL and shared capability, database migration to Exadata, and completion of the department’s transition to an infrastructure-as-a-service model.
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.