The CIO Summit, the premier gathering of CIOs and senior IT executives in New Zealand, will be held in June with a special awards ceremony on June 25 at Sky City in Auckland.
The finalists in this year's CIO Awards are:
CIO of the Year
- Allan Lightbourne, head of technology and innovation, Mercury Energy
- Thomas Salmen, chief technology officer, Orcon
- David Scott, head of business technology and transformation, Z Energy
The winner of the 2012 CIO of the Year Award, sponsored by NetApp, will demonstrate how he or she has positioned the role of CIO strategically within the company. The winner will be able to show innovation and key successes achieved in the past 12 months and into the future and show how this fits with the company's overall business strategy.
Executive Team of the Year
- Air New Zealand
- Auckland Transport
- Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
The inaugural Executive Team of the Year Award (for Strategic Use of Business Technology) sponsored by ClearPoint, honours the exceptional teamwork of the executive team in deploying a business technology initiative that has produced a range of benefits for the organisation.
Emerging ICT Leader of the Year -
- Paul Alexander, general manager, Lexel Project Services
- Bruce Aylward, CEO, Psoda Ltd
- Steven Pyne, chief information officer, Ministry of Science and Innovation
- Peter Yates, IS infrastructure manager, Auckland Council
The Emerging ICT Leader of the Year award, sponsored by Hays IT, recognises, celebrates and encourages the exceptional ICT talent of professionals between the ages of 35 and 50.
This year's speakers include Tim Campos, CIO of Facebook, IDC chief analyst Frank Gens, New York Stock Exchange Euronext CIO Steve Rubinow, VMware CTO Paul Strong and Denise McDonagh, G-Cloud Programme Director, Her Majesty’s Government (UK).
|Check out the programme online|
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘The Leadership Imperative: Agility, business growth, collaboration’. It is organised by CIO magazine, IDC and Conferenz.
For more information visit www.ciosummit.co.nz
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.