Now on its sixth year, the Constellation SuperNova Awards will recognise nine individuals who demonstrate true leadership in digital business through their application of new and emerging technologies, says Ray Wang, founder and CEO, Constellation Research, based in San Francisco.
"We're searching for leaders and teams who used disruptive technologies to transform their organisations. I encourage all leaders and teams that have adopted disruptive technologies as a means of adapting to disruption to apply."
The new business environment calls for leaders who can guide their organisations through the digital thicket, who are adept at selecting and championing technologies that enable digital transformation.
The deadline for nominations (https://www.constellationr.com/events/supernova/2016) in the following categories is on August 17.
• Internet of Things - A network of smart objects enables smart services. (sensors, smart ‘things’, device to purchase, artificial intelligence)
• Data to Decisions - Using data to make informed business decisions. (big data, predictive analytics)
• Digital Marketing Transformation - Personalised, data-driven digital marketing.
• Future of Work: Social Business - The technologies enabling teams to work together efficiently. (enterprise social networks, collaboration, digital assistants)
• Future of Work: Human Capital Management - Enabling your organisation to utilise your workforce as an asset. (talent management, benefits, HR core)
• Matrix Commerce - Commerce responds to changing realities from the supply chain to the storefront. (digital retail, supply chain, payments, 'ubiquitous-channel' retail)
• Next Generation Customer Experience - Customers in the digital age demand seamless service throughout all lifecycle stages and across all channels. (crm, customer experience)
• Safety and Privacy - Strategies to secure sensitive data (blockchain, digital identity, authentication)
• Technology Optimisation & Innovation - Innovative methods to balance innovation and IT budgets. (innovation in the cloud, ENSW cost savings, cloud ERP, efficient app production)
The winners will be announced at the Constellation’s Connected Enterprise 2016 on October 26 to 28 at the The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay in San Francisco.
"The era of digital disruption is upon us," says Wang.
Since 2000, 52 per cent of the Fortune 500 has dropped off the list, he points out.
They have been replaced, beaten, bankrupted by the advancing forces of digital disruption, he states. "Business giants that clung to the business models that produced success in the 20th century found themselves out of touch, outmaneuvred, and off the Fortune 500 list."
"This new business environment calls for leaders who can guide their organisations through the digital thicket. Leaders adept at selecting and championing technologies that enable digital transformation. Leaders who can craft and implement business models that harness the transformative power of disruptive technology."
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Divina Paredes on Twitter: @divinap
Follow CIO New Zealand on Twitter:@cio_nz
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.