The focus is on candidates with sound business acumen rather than pure technical capability
New Zealand’s technology market continues to be driven by digital transformation, cloud based services, and cybersecurity and data projects.
Staff that are able to work in these areas will be highly in demand, according to the latest quarterly report from recruiter Hays New Zealand.
Hays says organisations are also favouring candidates with sound business acumen rather than pure technical capability.
“The driving factor is to acquire developers that understand business objectives and therefore develop the most appropriate solutions.”
According to Hays, these are the current ‘‘hotspots of demand’ in ICT:
- Cloud engineers/cloud architects as a lot of organisations move to the cloud but do not have the right engineer to support their migration.
- DevOps engineers which are hybrid roles, where continuous delivery is paramount to increase speed and efficiency on the solution.
- Security professionals as more organisations bring this function in-house.
- Network engineers as backup and disaster recovery becomes a top concern for organisations.
- Agile project managers to project manage digital transformations.
- Change managers to ensure change and stakeholder engagement around digital transformations.
- Agile business analysts to work on digital transformations.
Follow Divina Paredes on Twitter: @divinap
Follow CIO New Zealand on Twitter:@cio_nz
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.