Entries are now open for the 2018 NZ Hi-Tech Awards, New Zealand’s premier technology awards programme.
The categories for the 2018 Awards have been revised with the addition of two new categories. One to recognise inspiring leadership, while the other recognises an outstanding contribution to the local tech sector by an overseas headquartered company. The Public Sector category has also been expanded to encompass solutions developed for the wider public good. This category is being sponsored for the first time by Visa.
Jen Rutherford, NZ Hi-Tech Trust chair, says the awards aim to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry, which is now the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing export sector.
The awards increase the awareness of the contribution the tech sector makes to the New Zealand economy and the country as a whole.
“The 2017 Awards programme was the most successful ever, with a record number of entries and more than 900 people attending the sold-out Gala Awards Dinner. We are looking to continue this momentum as we open for the 2018 Awards and look forward to the Gala Dinner on the 25th May next year, which we are really excited to take back to Christchurch. It will be a fitting finale to NZ Tech’s Techweek ’18.”
“For 2018 we’ve changed out a couple of the categories and revised the entry criteria to ensure we have a major focus on diversity and inclusion," says Rutherford.
"Not only do we want companies to be conscious of where they are now from a diversity perspective but critically where are they heading in terms of promoting and encouraging diversity in their workplace. We also encourage people to nominate companies and individuals that they think are worthy entrants.” .
The 13 categories for the 2018 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
· PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
· Coretex Hi-Tech Emerging Company of the year
· NZVIF Hi-Tech Start-up Company of the year
· Callaghan Innovation Maori Innovation
· Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Solution
· NZTE Best Hi-Tech for the Agritech Sector
· Quick Circuit Best Contribution by an Internationally Headquartered Company
· Kiwibank Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
· IBM Hi-Tech Inspiring Individual of the Year
· ATEED Best Hi-Tech Solution for the Creative Sector
· Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
· Xero Hi-Tech Young Achiever of the year
· Visa IT Best Technology Solution for the Public Good
In addition to the above categories, the Hi-Tech Awards will also recognise a new Flying Kiwi who will be inducted into the Tait Communications Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
All entries must be submitted online.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
Follow CIO New Zealand on Twitter:@cio_nz
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.