“The key is getting the culture right...If we do not change the culture, we will not be able to make that transformation.”
“The job of the CIO now is to truly drive partnership with the business, as an equal partner..."With really good CIOs, those opportunities to totally disrupt, totally change, to think quite differently, can be sprung...It is that equal partnership that will make the biggest difference."
“Don’t just do your job. Think of how you can help your colleagues.”
“We can grow the ICT sector and make it inclusive at the same time.”
“ Understand the opportunity that data presents.”
“We are the first generation that had to go through this [massive change brought by digitisation]. There is no textbook out there [on this topic], you can't get this off the shelf. We need to be confident and take risks... we have to be able to lead our teams to do that.”
“Customer and consumer obsession... is really at the heart of what digital is about.”
‘What if’ is the question modern CIOs need to think through...Be prepared for anything!”
“Disrupt yourself, before somebody else does.”
“You are going to have all competitors coming in from all different sides...What they are after is not your primary business, what they are after is your data...Put a lot of effort in building that analytics capability...It does not matter what you are doing to build your analytics capability. I can always guarantee you are not doing enough.”
“We should have control of how data is being used. Is it being used for our benefit, or is it being used as a deficit model against us?...We need to be careful that just because we have that data we can use, doesn’t mean we should.”
“You have to continually be on the lookout for new opportunities for your company. “
“CIOs can not be seen as a barrier to change and innovation in the organisation.”
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
Follow Divina Paredes on Twitter: @divinap
Follow CIO New Zealand on Twitter:@cio_nz
- IoT in NZ is no longer just about 'connected cows': IDC
- 2018 global IT spending to reach US$3.7 trillion: Gartner
- Hawaiki Trans-pacific cable system running by June: Minister Clare Curran
- CIO upfront: New Zealand – a technology startup's dream?
- A CIO’s top tip for building career resilience
- Inside the 2018 Government CIO agenda
- New Zealand widens search for first Chief Technology Officer
- In pictures: CIO-CMO Exchange 2018 'Shifting from digital to customer-led transformation'
- CIO100 2018 #23:Timothy Kasbe, The Warehouse Group
- CIO100 2018 #31-100: Robert Holmes, Origin Group
Join the CIO New Zealand group on LinkedIn. The group is open to CIOs, IT Directors, COOs, CTOs and senior IT managers.