2017 NZ Hi-Tech awards deadline on March 6
- 24 February, 2017 15:48
Wayne Norrie - Chair, NZ Hi-Tech Trust
The Hi-Tech Awards recognise the achievers of the NZ Hi-Tech industry from the start-up and emerging categories through to the coveted PwC Company of the Year, which was won in 2016 by Vista Group.
Additional categories recognise excellence in the product sectors covering software, services, hardware, mobile, creative and Agritech, as well as Maori Innovation, which was a new category in 2016 and drew a record number of entrants.
Wayne Norrie, NZ Hi-Tech Trust Chair, says the Hi-Tech Awards aim to acknowledge, recognise and celebrate excellence within the New Zealand Hi-Tech industry, which is the third largest export earner in the country and the fastest growing export sector.
“The 2016 Awards programme has been the most successful to date, with a record number of new entrants and more than 900 people attending the sold-out Gala Awards Dinner," says Norrie.
"We are looking to continue this momentum as we open for the 2017 Awards and the Gala Dinner on May 12 May will be a fitting finale to Techweek ’17 which is being run by NZ Tech and supported by ATEED, MBIE, NZTE and WREDA.”
“For 2017 we’ve refined some of the entry criteria to make the awards more accessible to a greater number of companies. Also new for 2017 is that people now have the opportunity to nominate companies and individuals that they think are worthy of entering,” says Norrie.
The 13 categories for the 2017 NZ Hi-Tech Awards are:
- PwC Hi-Tech Company of the Year
- Coretex Hi-Tech Emerging Company
- NZVIF Hi-Tech Start-up Company
- Callaghan Innovation Maori Innovation Award
- Duncan Cotterill Most Innovative Hi-Tech Software Product
- New Zealand Trade & Enterprise Most Innovative Hi-Tech Agritech Product
- Quick Circuit Most Innovative Mobile Technology Product
- Kiwibank Communications Most Innovative Hi-Tech Service
- IBM Most Innovative Company
- ATEED Most Innovative Creative Technology Product
- Endace Most Innovative Hi-Tech Hardware Product
- Xero Hi-Tech Young Achiever
- Qual IT Best Technology Solution for the Public Sector
In addition to the above categories, the Hi-Tech Awards will also recognise a new Flying Kiwi who will be inducted into the Tait Communications Hi-Tech Hall of Fame.
All entries need to be submitted online, says Norrie.