IT is undergoing a sea change, thanks to shifting budgets and the rise of ‘shadow IT.’ But with company-wide vision, strong IT-business relationships and a focus on value, CIOs can expand their horizons.
Stories by Bill Snyder
Microsoft continues to bleed mobile market share with Windows 10 Mobile, so why are some enterprise developers betting big on the platform's eventual success in the corporate world.
These leading-edge jobs could prove to be the most lucrative careers in tomorrow’s tech
Major OS upgrades are never easy, but according to CIOs and IT executives, the move to Windows 10 is the smoothest Microsoft OS transition in years, even if most of them are taking their time with the deployments.
A number of Dell customers claim to have been contacted by scammers who had access to specific customer information that should have only been available to Dell. The company claims it hasn't been hacked but won't offer an explanation for the seemingly stolen data.
Microsoft last month slashed free OneDrive storage and made a number of unwelcome tweaks to paid plans, but thousands of consumer complaints inspired the company to reverse some — though not all — of the changes.
Cars with systems that connect to the Internet are potentially vulnerable to intrusions by hackers. Here are four steps to help protect your automobile without spending a dime.
Recent improvements in the Google app let the search engine understand you better and handle more complex queries delivered in natural language.
Microsoft Edge doesn't current support browser extensions, and a new feature spotted in a leaked version of Windows 10 is sure to annoy anyone who wants to use Chrome or Firefox instead of Edge.
Amazon Prime subscribers can now download select movies and TV shows for offline viewing, but Netflix says it won't enable downloads because the option will confuse its customers.
Despite Microsoft's massive Windows 10 advertising blitz, many older PCs do not support the new OS, and it can be absurdly difficult to determine if your system is supported.
What's more boring than an old hard drive? Not much ... until it suddenly isn't. When that little package of chips, wires and glass dies, it can be panic time.
I don't want to seem cranky or brash, but I really wish "Rachel" would stop calling me. Remember Rachel? That feminine voice on the other end of those "robocalls," telling you she's from cardholder services, a non-existent outfit that tries to scam the unsuspecting?
I'm a fan of the nonprofit Consumer Watchdog, a group that generally lives up to that name, but its recent effort to push Google into an Orwellian form of censorship, the so-called "right to be forgotten," is a massive mistake.
Judging by its huge sales numbers and unrivaled consumer interest in its products, you'd think that no company in the tech arena was more beloved than Apple. Think again. It turns out Samsung is the "most reputable" tech company in the world, at least according to a recent survey of more than 5,000 consumers.
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- CCContent WriterNSW
- CCIT Project SchedulerNSW
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCWindows 10 Deployment Team LeadVIC
- CCSystems AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTPermanent Project SchedulerACT
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Network & InfrastructureNSW
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.