A universal semantic data layer is a single business representation of all corporate data aimed at helping users access data using common business terms via the BI and analytics tools of their choice.
Stories by Thor Olavsrud
Self-service business intelligence offers many benefits, but bringing analytics and reporting closer to business units by bypassing IT can have unintended — and costly — consequences.
Change management is the discipline of leading individuals, teams and entire organizations through organizational change via a combination of behavioral and social sciences, information technology and business solutions. Here are 10 steps to success when transforming your company.
The majority of organizations don't apply metrics to their cybersecurity efforts, and those that do often measure the wrong things. Here’s how to ensure your cybersecurity projects pay off.
Microsoft Power BI provides organizations with self-service business intelligence tools that allow users to analyze, visualize and share data using the familiar Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Here are 12 success stories built on Power BI.
Non-IT line of business leaders are increasingly taking over the technology purchasing responsibility that has traditionally belonged to CIOs, but one industry expert argues this shift represents an opportunity for CIOs.
Analytics are the lifeblood of any successful business, but IT pros with the right mix of skills and experience can be hard to find. These certifications can help prove you've got what it takes.
As the managed services provider market matures, CIOs should resist the urge to go with the lowest-cost provider in favor of partners that understand your business and can help you achieve strategic goals.
The internet of things opens your business to significant security risks, but most boards don't understand the importance of IoT oversight, particularly third-party implementations. That's an opportunity for CIOs to take the lead.
Data lakes can store all your business data with ease, but beware: That massive repository of data can get bogged down, choking your data off from your users. Here’s how to prevent your data lake from turning into a data swamp.
The convergence of IT and operational technology provides a prime opportunity for business-minded CIOs to shine
The free Dremio Big Data Debt Calculator is a new tool from data analytics startup Dremio designed to help enterprises estimate the unplanned cost that stems from the use of non-relational data management technologies.
Arccos Golf is leveraging the data generated by its golf performance tracking system to provide a subscription-based artificial intelligence caddie to help golfers make data-driven decisions on the course.
Nearly 10,000 data scientists recently competed in the Data Science Bowl to develop machine learning algorithms that can more accurately detect cancerous lesions in CT scans.
A new report finds mid-tier companies are increasingly turning to security-as-a-service offerings to manage their network security needs.
- CCLand Access Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- CCGroup Finance & Planning Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCI&CS Communications LeadVIC
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCManager-Process Tranformation (Black Belt)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- CCWeb PublisherACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCProject Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- CCProduct ManagerNSW
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.