Cloud-based HR systems can bring more analytics, databases and tools to users for improving hiring processes and retaining employees.
Stories by Patrick Thibodeau
The White House on Monday announced an "Office of American Innovation" to oversee a revamp of federal IT operations; the effort will be led by President Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner.
The International Monetary Fund's IT work is being taken over by India-based IT managed services provider L&T Infotech; the change was announced to the staff last year.
The H-1B lottery will be held on April 1, so if he's going to act it needs to be soon.
An exascale supercomputer will likely be delivered somewhere in the world before Trump's first term ends. This may be a Sputnik moment for the new administration.
The number of IT jobs shrank in 2016 compared to the year before, most analysts believe, although they differ on specifics and the reasons why. This year's IT jobs outlook varies widely.
Potential negative impacts can be offset by investments in education as well as by ensuring there is a safety net to help affected people, the White House argued.
In Minnesota, GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump added IBM to the list of companies he criticizes for moving jobs offshore.
The mining industry is primed for automation. It's capital intensive, buys expensive equipment and pays relatively well.
Among Gartner's 10 predictions for the near term are a fast move to augmented reality, the decline of mobile apps, and a major shift away from web browsing to voice interaction.
Four former Hewlett Packard Enterprise employees, all of them over 50, allege in a lawsuit that the firm pushed older workers out so it could hire more younger employees.
A new law in Massachusetts that goes into effect in 2018 aims to shrink or eliminate the pay gap between women and men in the workplace.
Daniel Strabley's day job is helping to protect the U.S. from weapons of mass destruction. He's also using IoT devices and software to help people with cognitive issues.
A Computer Sciences Corp. spokesman, however, says the 500 layoffs are due to "the normal course of business and are unrelated to the proposed merger."
It will be easier to integrate tools such as Microsoft's Cortana, the intelligent personal assistant, with Predix, GE's industrial IoT system.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Desktop ArchitectureSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- FTTest Analyst (SAP)SA
- CCSenior System EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- CCControl Systems SpecialistACT
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- PTAxway developersVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerQLD
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingQLD
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BrisbaneACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- CCJunior Network ArchitectACT