Everybody has a few New Year’s resolutions for 2012 and CIOs are no exception. An old chestnut: Time management.
Stories by Georgina Swan
Nigel Cameron has a question. Several questions actually. As the chief executive officer of the Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies (C-PET), Washington DC’s independent think tank on science and technology policy, his role is to ask questions to which nobody yet has the answers.
When Amazon Web Services (AWS) chief technology officer, Werner Vogels, joined the organisation in 2004, the focus was very much on servicing customers in a retail environment. The concept of commercially available, robust, scalable infrastructure was just that -- a concept.
The organisation was working big name retailers such as Marks & Spencer and Target but it was the online retailer's own operations that drove the technology agenda. Amazon Web Services was really borne out of the business requirements of its retail operations.
Organisations are looking to make the most of opportunities associated with the National Broadband Network (NBN), with Gartner Executive Program’s annual CIO agenda survey showing that networking, voice and data communications are a higher technology priority in Australia and New Zealand than globally.
Talk to any CIO and one issue inevitably surfaces: How do CIOs cope in a world where they can’t keep up with what their employees are doing?
We all understand the advantages partnering can bring to business. But, as any CIO who has had to negotiate a partnership-gone-bad knows, adversity is not often a good bedfellow when it comes to keeping partners — and your CEO — happy.
Westpac's group executive for technology, Bob McKinnon, has outlined the bank’s technology strategy during the groups IT and productivity update, including the decision to delay the integration of its core systems with St George Bank’s Hogan platform until 2014.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesNSW
- CCSAP WCEM/Java DeveloperACT
- CCSolution Architect - WealthVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTSystems AnalystSA
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesWA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- CCProduct Owner - DigitalVIC
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCContent WriterNSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.