IBM has introduced a carbon-emissions modelling tool aimed at helping businesses analyze the environmental impact of supply-chain decisions and to devise alternative business practices.
Stories by Matthew Broersma
A U.K. security researcher has released exploit code for a bug in Internet Explorer that could allow a remote attacker to take over Windows systems -- even Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed, according to security experts.
One in 10 IT departments will be disbanded in the next six years, the result of a combination of outsourcing and the changing nature of IT, according to Gartner.
Two separate imaging-related security flaws have surfaced in AOL's Netscape browser and in the KDE desktop environment for Unix and Linux, according to security experts. Both could allow an attacker to plant malicious code on a user's system when a specially crafted image is viewed by an affected application, such as a browser, e-mail program or stand-alone viewer, researchers said.
The U.K.'s National Infrastructure Co-Ordination Centre (NISCC) has warned of a flaw in Internet Protocol (IP) that could allow significant attacks on a wide range of products, including routers and Internet software from Microsoft, Cisco, IBM, Juniper and others.
Intel and the UK Ministry of Defence spin-off Qinetiq have successfully built transistors using an exotic material called indium antimonide that allows for far lower voltages than is possible with current devices.
Linux has found another powerful champion in the form of Allied Irish Banks PLC (AIB) which has just signed a deal with Sun to switch its 7,500 branches' desktops from Windows to the Linux-based Java Desktop System (JDS). Sun Microsystems Inc. also announced that the government of New South Wales, Australia, will shift 1,500 users from Windows to its software.
Linux vendors have begun releasing fixes for two critical security bugs in a networking component that could allow a denial-of-service attack or enable an attacker to take control of a system.
- CCCommunications SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- CCProject ManagerWA
- CCProgram DirectorNSW
- FTPrincipal Solution Architect ? Healthcare InfrastructureQLD
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationOther
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCPEGA SSA DevVIC
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCTechnical Project Manager - BankingVIC
- FTITIL Problem Manager - Team LeadACT
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM) - BrisbaneVIC
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- FTDevelopment Manager / ArchitectVIC
- CCHealth & Safety Project OfficerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystWA