Akamai Technologies, an engineering-heavy company that delivers a sizable chunk of the Internet's total traffic every day, is generally inclined to solve its technology challenges in house. Corey Scobie, vice president for Open Platform at Akamai, summarizes the company's default engineering culture and philosophy as, simply, "We should built it."
Stories by John Moore
McKenna Long & Aldridge faced a multi-faceted communications challenge that threatened to impede the company's technology adoption and office expansion.
The perennial data center quest to beat the heat has sparked a wave of innovation in enterprise computing.
Carsales.com, Australia's top online automotive classified site, is helping its independent dealers make the switch to sites built with responsive design in mind. Revenue is up, the company says, in part because of increased traffic from mobile devices.
When financial times are tough, the capability to streamline business processes, improve efficiency and achieve agility would appeal to any company. That's why firms today are increasingly finding new and sometimes unique ways to use BPM tools.
Load balancing isn't just for websites that expect surges in traffic any more. Companies of all sizes, and in all verticals, find load balancing an effective way to address disaster recovery, scalability, failover and application virtualization needs.
When it comes to developing enterprise applications, organizations are increasingly realizing that user experience is as important as functionality. In response, vendors are taking a more agile approach to building those apps in order to better meet users' needs.
Thomas Trappler, director of software licensing at UCLA and SaaS contracting instructor at the school, has encountered a fair amount of reticence among individuals facing down a SaaS deal. A recent exchange between Trappler and a student in his Contracting for Cloud Computing Services class provides an illustration.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCM204 Developers - Federal GovernmentWA
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- CCWeb Writers/EditorsVIC
- CCProject OfficerNSW
- FTPrinciple Security Consultant / Practice Partner - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- CCSystems Administrator - not for profit organisationQLD
- CCOperations Manager - Data CentreWA
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW