Akamai Technologies, an engineering-heavy company that delivers a sizable chunk of the Internet's total traffic every day, is generally inclined to solve its technology challenges in house. Corey Scobie, vice president for Open Platform at Akamai, summarizes the company's default engineering culture and philosophy as, simply, "We should built it."
Stories by John Moore
McKenna Long & Aldridge faced a multi-faceted communications challenge that threatened to impede the company's technology adoption and office expansion.
The perennial data center quest to beat the heat has sparked a wave of innovation in enterprise computing.
Carsales.com, Australia's top online automotive classified site, is helping its independent dealers make the switch to sites built with responsive design in mind. Revenue is up, the company says, in part because of increased traffic from mobile devices.
When financial times are tough, the capability to streamline business processes, improve efficiency and achieve agility would appeal to any company. That's why firms today are increasingly finding new and sometimes unique ways to use BPM tools.
Load balancing isn't just for websites that expect surges in traffic any more. Companies of all sizes, and in all verticals, find load balancing an effective way to address disaster recovery, scalability, failover and application virtualization needs.
When it comes to developing enterprise applications, organizations are increasingly realizing that user experience is as important as functionality. In response, vendors are taking a more agile approach to building those apps in order to better meet users' needs.
Thomas Trappler, director of software licensing at UCLA and SaaS contracting instructor at the school, has encountered a fair amount of reticence among individuals facing down a SaaS deal. A recent exchange between Trappler and a student in his Contracting for Cloud Computing Services class provides an illustration.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCTraining SMEACT
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers ? SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Security Assurance AnalystOther
- CCSystems AnalystNSW
- FTPerformance Tester - Load RunnerACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesQLD
- FTBI / ETL DeveloperWA
- FTCHIEF INFORMATION OFFICERNT
- CCPlatform ArchitectVIC
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.