Is it right that impoverished third-world children have more innovative technology than corporate users? Don't answer yet. First, take a look at the slew of recent news articles, reviews and blog posts about the XO, that little green educational laptop developed by the nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child.
Stories by Frank Hayes
Is Sybase's management well intentioned and dumb, or a crowd of control freaks who want to dictate to everyone -- including Sybase customers -- exactly what they're allowed to say about security? The question comes up after Sybase threatened to sue Next Generation Security Software, a security research company in England. Last year, NGS found a batch of vulnerabilities in Sybase Adaptive Server and notified Sybase. Sybase issued patches for the holes. So far, so good.
But now, NGS wants to publish details of the problem, as is its usual practice. And Sybase says that if NGS does so, Sybase will sue.
It's another failing report card for IT. Last week, Boston Consulting Group Inc. released a study that says, in effect, we're butchering our enterprise projects. You know the ones: ERP and customer relationship management, supply chains and e-commerce. Two-thirds of our big projects were pegged as unsuccessful overall. That's despite the fact that more than 40 percent finished on time and on budget and that 60 percent of the executives who signed off on the projects said they were worth the cost.
- CCLand Access Administrators - TelcoVIC
- CCCommunications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio InstallerWA
- FTChief Digital OfficerACT
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT
- CCIT Service Desk Specialist - BrisbaneNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)QLD
- CCUnix System AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectQLD
- CCSAP HR TrainerNSW
- CCSenior Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDevops Engineer - AWS and cloud infrastructureVIC
- CCData Quality ManagerNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist L3 x 2 ? Large Telco ? 6 month contract initiallyNSW
- CCPerl Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTDatastage Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC