Few enterprises look forward to updating their ERP. It is hard work, not leading edge, and rarely enables the business to increase sales. When your enterprise requires an ERP refresh, take the following actions:Here's what you need to know about the new breed of ERP and how to ease the process when you've decided your ERP system needs an update.
Stories by Bart Perkins
Monitor Brexit closely to avoid having your supply chain disrupted. If you don't, Britain’s exit from the EU might not be the only exit in your future.
The applications of VR extend into nearly every sphere of life.
An outsourced project is out of your hands, right? Well, no, not entirely. In fact, that belief is a common misconception that can lead to trouble.
A few years ago, the chief administrative officer at a multinational enterprise realized that, despite the extensive benefits projected, support for a new ERP system was not unanimous. In order to strengthen commitment, he forced the heads of finance, HR and manufacturing to sponsor the project within their respective areas. While the heads of finance and HR were enthusiastic about better automation, the VP of manufacturing liked the current systems and saw no need for ERP. Over the next few months, he publicly supported the project while simultaneously creating significant project roadblocks.
It can take years after a merger has been declared "complete" for the <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/article/2564041/it-management/methodical-merger.html">IT processes and systems to be truly merged</a>. Over the years, we've all seen stories in the business press about this sort of thing, and yet it keeps happening, despite what can be dire consequences.
When it comes to IT professional services, using the DOD sourcing method called Lowest Price Technically Acceptable is ludicrous, because it disregards the value of expertise and experience.
Save the CIO, save the enterprise! It might not be the catchiest slogan, but there's more than a little truth in it.
Several Fortune 500 companies are eliminating their corporate CIO positions. They plan to move IT into the business units (BU), on the theory that an IT staff that isn't distracted by corporate initiatives can provide better support for BU priorities. A minimal corporate IT staff will support only corporate functions, such as HR, Finance and Legal. An IT leadership group (ITLG) composed of the BU CIOs will establish IT direction, create standards and allocate resources for projects across all departments.
Most major corporations are considering outsourcing everything from the corporate cafeteria to IT and beyond. Outsourcing is often touted as an easy way to achieve more functionality for less money, with less aggravation.
But how do these deals actually turn out? Customer-satisfaction researchers at a major IT outsourcer report that most outsourcing relationships deliver less-than-expected results, often leaving both sides disillusioned by the end of the first year.
If onshore and offshore outsourcing is the new wonder drug, "human factors" should be listed as both a benefit and a side effect. Human factors are one of the most important parts of any outsourcing effort, particularly when the outsourcer is located offshore. To proceed successfully, you should carefully consider the people issues from both sides: benefits and drawbacks.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- CCCall or Contact Centre OperatorNSW
- CCDrupal Developer / Site BuilderNSW
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- CCAutomation Developer ? Linux Dev Ops EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystNSW
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- CCLead Service Designer - CANBERRA BASEDNSW
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCWin10 Packaging & DeploymentWA
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.