Damballa sifted 50 percent of US traffic and found miniscule volume of most serious malware
Stories by John E Dunn
Businesses are being overwhelmed by large numbers of malware alerts the overwhelming majority of which are never even investigated, a study of US IT security staff experiences by the Ponemon Institute has found.
US firm Malwarebytes has announced a security product it believes can do something that has eluded even the best-resourced security firms in the business – block all zero-day attacks known and unknown against popular Windows applications.
What is an Advanced Evasion Technique (AET)? According to a McAfee survey, an awful lot of CIOs have absolutely no idea, confusing them with the more famous Advanced Persistent Threats (APTs) that have become an established term on many large organisations' worry list.
Most large organisations now make advance plans to bring in external security consultancies should they suffer data and security breaches, a new survey for Arbor Networks has found.
Running Windows users with ‘standard' rather than ‘administrator' rights would have removed over 90 percent of the risk posed by critical vulnerabilities reported in Microsoft products last year, an analysis by privilege management firm Avecto has found.
Coca-Cola has admitted falling prey to bizarre slow-motion data breach in which an employee apparently stole dozens of laptops over several years containing the sensitive data of 74,000 people without anyone noticing.
Microsoft will continue to support its antivirus software for Windows XP after the operating system's end of support cut-off on 8 April, it has been announced.
The Syrian Electronic Army (SEA) has claimed another digital scalp, following up its attack on Skype's Twitter account earlier this month by dishing out to the same treatment to two other Microsoft feeds and its blog page.
Three and a half years after Intel acquired McAfee, the chip giant looks set to ditch the famous brand that still bears the name of its colourful founder, John McAfee.
Many organisations have no formal plan for coping with DDoS attacks, lack up to date network maps, and probably depend on old technology to defend against the threat, a survey by Corero Network Security has suggested.
On any given day cybercriminals and nation states are in possession of as many as 100 zero-day software exploits known only to them, NSS Labs has calculated using the commercial vulnerability market as a baseline.
A new zero day flaw in Windows XP and Server 2003 is being exploited in the wild to bypass the sandbox on unpatched versions of Adobe Reader, security firm FireEye has reported.
The teen owner of an Australian ‘bank' that reported the theft of 4,100 Bitcoins (BTC) now worth $1.3 million Australian dollars (£700,000 or $1.2 million USD) has denied accusations that their loss was some kind of inside job.
Microsoft isn't kidding when it says that people need to ditch Windows XP and has released alarming security numbers to prove its point; XP systems are markedly more likely to fall prey to malware than later versions of Windows.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSenior ETL Developer/DesignerVIC
- CCChange SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- CCMid Level .Net AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantNSW
- FTProgram Director - Consulting FirmACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineers x 3VIC
- CCPlanning & Prioritisation Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- CCMultiple Pega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsNSW
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.