When Cisco Systems employees head into work Monday they'll encounter something they haven't seen in two decades: A new boss. Chuck Robbins -- formerly senior vice president of worldwide operations -- takes over as CEO from John Chambers, one of the most visible and quotable figures in business.
Stories by John Gallant
There's EMC and then there's EMC.
NBCUniversal is a major media and entertainment company that owns and operates a portfolio of television networks, a motion picture company and theme parks. In this installment of the IDG Enterprise CIO Interview Series, NBCU CIO Atish Banerjea spoke with Chief Content Officer John Gallant about NBCU's biggest opportunities and challenges. Banerjea discusses how the company is using technology transformation to drive innovation. He outlines NBCU's CI project, which is driving the IT team's partnership with the ad sales organization to create new sponsorship and revenue opportunities that capture the value of the media giant's broad portfolio of media properties.
By almost any measure, Cisco Systems, Inc. is the biggest fish in the networking pond. Thanks to more than 130 acquisitions, a brisk pace of internal development and a much-discussed new organisational structure that the company is using to attack a slew of new markets, Cisco's reach extends from the consumer to the enterprise and deep into service provider networks. The company offers everything from personal video cameras to high-end telepresence systems, set-top video boxes to, lately, servers for the data centre, in addition to more traditional network gear like routers and switches.
But Cisco's real ambition, as articulated by its high-energy CEO, John Chambers, is to become the most important IT company of all. In this installment of IDG Enterprise's 'CEO Interview Series,' Chambers talked with IDGE Chief Content Officer John Gallant, Computerworld Editor-in-Chief Scot Finnie and InfoWorld.com Editor-in-Chief Eric Knorr about the market transitions fuelling Cisco's bold strategy, what it means for enterprise customers and how the company will compete head-to-head against the industry's biggest players.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- CCNetwork and Security ArchitectNSW
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- CCSAP FICO ConsultantACT
- CCInfrastructure SMENSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCEngagement OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCTech PM - SecurityNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCICT Project ManagerNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.