SAP has hired Microsoft Azure vice-president, Quentin Clark, as its chief technology officer.
Stories by Antony Savvas
Cyber security and data protection are only ranked third as priorities in UK boardrooms, acccording to consulting firm KPMG.
British businesses are not taking mobile security as seriously as they should, according to research from Samsung UK.
Retailers in the US have been warned by the FBI to prepare for further cyber attacks, according to Reuters.
IT departments are "significantly underestimating" the budgets allocated to technology in others parts of the organisation, as more business leaders bypass the CIO and IT staff to execute their own projects, according to research.
'With market penetration of well over 100 million seats, SharePoint is a strategic investment for many organisations looking to foster more effective collaboration among employees,' Forrester says in a report.
Although social networking technologies are employed by 70 percent of organisations, only 10 percent are successful at using them as most take a "provide and pray" approach, says analyst Gartner.
This year will be the year of larger scale adoption of big data technologies, according to analyst Gartner.
Cloud computing is not the future of IT and commoditisation is, says analyst house Forrester, although the two support each other.
IT security professionals in Europe have "significant gaps" in their enterprise risk strategies, according to research from HP.
International IT security managers' organisation ISACA has released a new business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT.
Global information security managers' association ISACA has announced the six key considerations it feels are necessary when rolling out enterprise cloud computing strategies.
Businesses are entering a "new era of decentralisation" because of technology, according to research from the Economist Intelligence Unit.
Each major outage of business-critical data can cost over a million pounds, it is estimated, with data replication failures playing a major part.
Mystery surrounds a huge BlackBerry outage in the northern hemisphere with manufacturer RIM failing to make the cause of the problem public to users, which include many businesses who rely on the service.
The outages are likely to cause particular concern in New Zealand as it appears the BlackBerry may be the sole approved handset for a forthcoming all-of-government mobile contract.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- FTStorage & Data Protection Team LeadACT
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersWA
- CCProject Manager - IVRVIC
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW