Understanding the emerging world of 'fake everything' is vital for figuring out what you and your company can do about it.
Stories by Mike Elgan
New technologies abound in the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, but one of them is not like the others.
When everyone is remote at least part of the time, the whole idea of a remote worker is obsolete.
'Computational propaganda' started in politics, but may be coming soon to the world of business.
Only two virtual assistants – those from Google and Facebook – can eavesdrop on your conversations and chime in with helpful suggestions. We need a lot more of that.
People are already confused about virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), 360-degree video and heads-up displays. It will get worse before it gets better.
Marketing is all about experiences now; to succeed it will need the two-letter technologies: AR, VR and A.I. And to scale it will need smartphones, selfies, live-streaming and social media.
Companies seem to be moving in different directions when it comes to remote workers. Some have embraced the practice. Others have banned it. But there is a middle ground.
As you hear about augmented reality over the next few years, understand where it's going: straight into smart glasses to power enterprise applications.
Companies face two impending risks to corporate data: a potential mobile device ban on air flights and the ongoing possibility that data could be exposed during border crossings.
This week's demo of Google Lens showcases to what's really coming: The rise of the all-purpose super-sensor fueled by software-based A.I.
"The phone is already dead."
Hackers, tech companies and governments want our personal information. Only lies can save us now.
Amazon, Starbucks and Apple want you to walk into their stores, pick up your items, then walk right out. But there's a problem.
Here's Mike Elgan's open-and-shut case on why the venerable laptop is on its way out.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- CCIdentity & Access Management AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Security AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneQLD
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBI / ETL DeveloperWA
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesVIC
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTCHIEF INFORMATION OFFICERNT
- CCAgile Business Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.