While everyone is fixated on AR using smartphones or headsets, the real hologram revolution is emerging from the lab.
Stories by Mike Elgan
The Amazon Alexa platform dominated CES this year. The virtual assistant is shaping up to be the most important new operating system.
In the world of A.I., the best virtual assistant might turn out to be your virtual self.
Next year, our phones and desktops will be ground zero for an arms race between bizarre new threats and strange new innovations in cybersecurity.
‘Hearables’ and smart glasses will keep us in range of our virtual assistants everywhere, all the time.
Understanding the emerging world of 'fake everything' is vital for figuring out what you and your company can do about it.
New technologies abound in the iPhone 8 and iPhone X, but one of them is not like the others.
When everyone is remote at least part of the time, the whole idea of a remote worker is obsolete.
'Computational propaganda' started in politics, but may be coming soon to the world of business.
Only two virtual assistants – those from Google and Facebook – can eavesdrop on your conversations and chime in with helpful suggestions. We need a lot more of that.
People are already confused about virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), 360-degree video and heads-up displays. It will get worse before it gets better.
Marketing is all about experiences now; to succeed it will need the two-letter technologies: AR, VR and A.I. And to scale it will need smartphones, selfies, live-streaming and social media.
Companies seem to be moving in different directions when it comes to remote workers. Some have embraced the practice. Others have banned it. But there is a middle ground.
As you hear about augmented reality over the next few years, understand where it's going: straight into smart glasses to power enterprise applications.
Companies face two impending risks to corporate data: a potential mobile device ban on air flights and the ongoing possibility that data could be exposed during border crossings.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCX2 BPE Managers - TelcoVIC
- CCMicrosoft CRM Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - PresalesACT
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- CCWeb Designer /DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Network Engineer - TelcoVIC
- CC.Net Developer - wealth platformVIC
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT