China's Internet on early Sunday morning suffered a major distributed denial of service (DDoS) attack that briefly disrupted and slowed access to sites in the .cn domain.
Stories by Michael Kan
Chinese search giant Baidu plans to spend US$160 million to buy a majority stake in a leading group buying site in the country, part of a string of recent deals the company had made to bolster its Internet business.
Calling app stores flawed, Chinese search giant Baidu wants to directly integrate third-party apps into its mobile services in order to do away with product installs, and streamline the user experience.
Chinese police have detained two Internet users for allegedly starting online rumors that tried to defame government groups and a cultural icon in the nation.
The market share of Apple's iPad fell dramatically in China during the second quarter as a result of competition from Android tablets made by little-known "white box" vendors.
China Telecom is moving into the mobile instant messaging space with its own app that will compete against WeChat, the rival product from Internet giant Tencent that's become a hit in China.
China plans to bring gigabit Internet speeds to its major cities by 2020, part of its effort to expand broadband among households in the nation.
Samsung has unveiled an Android flip-phone with dual-touchscreens in China, which will likely be positioned as a premium device.
Lenovo's sales of tablets and smartphones were higher than that of PCs in its fiscal first quarter, reflecting the company's efforts to reduce its dependence on the ailing PC business.
China will soon roll out a plan to stimulate sales of IT products, which could help revive PC shipments in the nation, and further stimulate purchases of smartphones.
Foxconn's Hon Hai Precision Industry reported a strong gain in net profit during the second quarter, but revenue growth for the Apple supplier continued to remain weak.
Taiwanese PC maker Asus plans to launch new tablets in its Transformer and MeMO Pad lines of Android tablets later this year as it aims to build up its brand in the tablet space alongside the Google Nexus 7 series.
Huawei Technologies is bringing its own "software-defined networking" switch globally in a bid to raise its profile and expand in a market dominated by Cisco.
Taiwanese PC maker Acer reported a net loss in the second quarter, attributing it to the company's growing investment in product design and the recent rise in DRAM prices.
A Chinese edition of Plants vs. Zombies 2 has been criticized for being too tough, forcing users to buy in-game items to get to the next level.
- FTChief Digital OfficerACT
- CCCommunications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio InstallerWA
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer C++ - Financial Services - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9VIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java DeveloperQLD
- CCData ArchitectWA
- CCNetwork Engineer - Aruba/PaloAltoWA
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Wintel PlatformVIC
- CCSenior Agile Project Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCAutomation Test Engineer - BRISBANE BASEDVIC
- CCAgile Project Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist - Bathurst ( NSW )NSW
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- CCPHP Developer (Codeigniter / Cake)VIC
- CCWebsphere AdministratorsACT
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project ConsultantNSW
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerSA
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW