The hardest-hit U.S. Gulf areas were wiped out during and after Hurricane Katrina, it wasn't for lack of some extraordinary efforts by skeleton carrier crews who remained behind to keep equipment online as windows shattered around them and New Orleans was evacuated.
Stories by Tim Greene
Corporate telecom executives are still leery of network-based VPNs and VOIP, according to a report released by investment firm Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.
Holding them back are concerns about reliability, security and the ability of the technologies to pay for themselves over time, the study says.
VoIP can save money (maybe), simplify network administration (maybe) and improve productivity (maybe), but let's face it, a major reason people are interested is that it has the potential to do some really cool stuff.
VOIP applications for businesses, including call center programs, multimedia conferencing and IP Centrex, will be dominant themes at this week's Spring VON 2005 conference.
The San Jose show, once dedicated to a carrier audience, now increases its focus on users of carrier services and private VOIP networks, given the rise in usage. Frost & Sullivan Inc. estimates VOIP services used by businesses this year will nearly triple last year's.
- FTChief Digital OfficerACT
- CCCommunications Technician / Auto Electrician / Radio InstallerWA
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerSA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Security EngineerWA
- CCJava DevelopersQLD
- CCSystems AnalystACT
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneyVIC
- CCUnix System AdministratorNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectVIC
- CCIBM FileNet ConsultantsSA
- CCCapacity ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Consultant - HP Service Manager 9VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- CCProcess Improvement and Change Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW