The Saudi Arabian government came close to buying control of Italian surveillance software company Hacking Team, notorious for selling its product to undemocratic regimes, according to hacked emails posted by WikiLeaks.
Stories by Philip Willan
An individual who did work for Hacking Team was in contact with hackers working for a terrorist organization, and disgruntled employees -- who deny the charge -- were planning to sell an antidote to the spyware vendor's surveillance software, an Italian newspaper reported Friday.
Italian police have shut down a Dark Web marketplace offering illegal goods ranging from child pornography to forged luncheon vouchers, and seized 11,000 bitcoin wallets worth about 1 million euros, authorities said Friday.
The Italian parliament wants to have its say in the creation of an international legal framework promoting freedom, equality and access to cyberspace for all, and on Tuesday it presented a Declaration of Internet Rights that it will bring to the Internet Governance Forum in Brazil in November.
An Italian court has overturned a €500,000 (US$550,000) fine imposed last December on the online travel company TripAdvisor for allegedly publishing misleading information in its reviews.
The founder of the Italian surveillance software company that suffered a disastrous data breach last week sought to reassure clients on Tuesday about the gravity of the intrusion, insisting that Hacking Team's anti-terrorism work has not been jeopardized.
In Umberto Eco's novel The Name of the Rose it emerges that a number of monks have been killed by a poison placed on the corners of the books in their monastery library. This month the author discovered that modern vehicles of communication can be equally treacherous.
Italian architects have called on the government and the Antitrust Authority to close down a crowdsourcing platform in a new round of the battle against disruptive technology.
A right-wing senator stands to make legal history in Italy when he becomes the first person to be prosecuted for insulting another person on Twitter.
A judge in Milan banned UberPop in Italy on Tuesday, ruling that the car-hailing service constitutes unfair competition for taxi drivers.
Italy's Antitrust Authority has levied substantial fines on four major mobile telecommunications operators for abusive practices in connection with the sale of premium services.
Italy's e-commerce sector has celebrated a bumper Christmas, but some people are left nursing a hangover now that the party is over.
Italy's Privacy Authority has ordered the first removals of Web pages from Google's search engine under the provisions of last May's European Court of Justice ruling on the "right to be forgotten."
Italy's Antitrust Authority has imposed a €500,000 (US$609,000) fine on TripAdvisor, the travel planning website, following complaints of unfair business practices by a national hoteliers' association and a consumer protection organization.
Telecom companies are vying for control of a small company that rents out fiberoptic cables in Milan in a competition that could determine who gets to build and control Italy's high speed telecommunications network.
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- CCXamarin DeveloperNSW
- CCMessaging AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer (Permanent Opportunity)QLD
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- CCNetwork Engineer (Cisco)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- FTMultiple Solution Architect PositionsACT
- CCLinux Administrator - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCHR Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Solution Architect - Brisbane locationVIC
- CCData Analyst =QLD
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- CCDevOps ArchitectACT
- FTLead Java DeveloperOther
- CCCisco Test SpecialistVIC
- FTIT Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCOracle Financial Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTL2 Security Network EngineerNSW
- CCService Management ArchitectQLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCCloud Network EngineerVIC
- CCInteraction DesignerNSW
- CCTest Analyst - SitecoreNSW