CEOs still often dismiss CIOs as too techie and not aligned business activities, according to results from the latest Gartner research.
Stories by Julian Goldsmith
<a href="http://www.bat.com/">British American Tobacco (BAT)</a> is implementing a mobility strategy around a platform supplied by Excitor. The Dynamic Mobile Exchange solution will allow the company to implement a <a href="http://www.cio.co.uk/article/3316403/when-is-the-right-time-to-byod/">Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)</a>, BAT CIO Phil Colman told CIO UK.
Specsavers is migrating its 2,500 staff across the world to <a href="http://www.cio.co.uk/article/3257491/twenty-companies-to-watch-in-2011/">Google Apps</a> in an effort to ramp up the pace of <a href="http://www.cio.co.uk/article/786/specsavers-goes-global-cio-michel-khan-explains-his-vision/">expansion into new markets</a>.
Accenture has brought out the latest report on <a href="http://www.accenture.com/Global/High_Performance_Business/default.htm">high performing IT organisations</a> with the finding that the gap between high performers and less agile IT teams is growing.
Private sector CIOs appear to be optimistic that the UK government's comprehensive spending review will not have a knock-on effect in their own patch.
In a snapshot poll, CIO asked IT bosses how they thought the review would affect them. None of the respondents in the commercial sphere believed it would have a direct impact on their own organization, but some had reservations about the affect it would have on government procurement and IT employment prospects for those in the public sector.
A recent survey of public sector senior finance functionaries has calculated the <a href="http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/public-sector/3242778/public-sector-it-budgets-could-fall-by-36bn-over-three-years--survey/">public sector IT budget needs to be cut by £3.6bn</a>. The survey was <a href="http://smartsavingsideas.com/">sponsored by VMware</a>, which unsurprisingly was using the findings to strengthen its cloud infrastructure proposition.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical BA - BI/DatawarehouseNSW
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPlatform Architect - Infrastructure/CloudVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagersVIC
- FTCheckpoint Engineers wantedVIC
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI ComplianceQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC