In today's global office, IT security leadership spends a great deal of time and resources creating a defense-in-depth approach to data security. This often includes layering on both logical and physical solutions as well as detailing out policies and procedures for accessing company data in a secure manner.
Stories by Larry Ponemon
In an age where data security defenses are getting more and more sophisticated, there will be increased pressure for malicious parties to glean information from within the organization's walls or public places.
Today, more and more businesses are foregoing the traditional design setup of cubicles and closed-off offices for an open floor plan. Companies like Facebook and Google market their open-office floor plans to potential employees, touting that the design allows workers to work closely together and fosters a culture of collaboration.
The 2009 Security Mega Trends Survey was conducted byPonemon Institute and sponsored by Lumension to better understand if certain publicized IT risks to personal and confidential data are, or should be, more or less of a concern for companies. We asked 577 IT security practitioners to consider how 10 Security Mega Trends affect companies today and to predict their impact during the next 12 to 24 months. The opinions of these experts, we believe, will be helpful to companies that are struggling to understand how they should allocate resources to the protection of data during these difficult economic times.
Information is the new currency in today's marketplace. More companies are collecting and analyzing Personally Identifiable Information to better understand current and prospective customers in order to build profitable and enduring relationships.
But with the reward of capturing an increased share of the market comes the risk of not having the privacy and data security policies in place to protect huge quantities of personal, sensitive and confidential information. The result can be litigation and loss of reputation from non-compliance, or worse, a privacy violation.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperACT
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CCEnterprise Architecture - Strategy ConsultantVIC
- CCAutomation Test EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorACT
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- FTPrinciple Health Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - Syd / MelbNSW
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- PTTest Engineer - Insurance domainQLD
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- FTProblem ManagerSA
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityACT
- CCSoftware Solution DesignerNSW
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCOracle Fusion Middleware AdminNSW