Amazon hopes to push Alexa into the office. At the same time, Cisco and Microsoft also see potential for voice-activated A.I. assistants to automate mundane tasks such as starting video conferences and booking meeting rooms.
Stories by Matthew Finnegan
Facebook launches a Workplace Chat desktop app, and says the number of paid users has doubled in six months; Slack adds interactive screen sharing; and Google looks to bolster Gmail with add-ons.
The company has launched beta versions of macOS and Windows desktop apps for the business version of Messenger, adding screen-sharing capabilities.
With 14,000 organizations worldwide using its business collaboration app, Facebook has a foothold in the enterprise, but it faces stiff competition on multiple fronts.
The company’s Slack rival, launched six months ago, will ‘over time’ become the primary communications client in Office 365.
The two firms extend partnership with integrations involving Adobe Sign and Microsoft’s collaboration platform.
With WhatsApp Business, the company could be eyeing future collaboration efforts.
Pilot scheme in London follows a successful six month trial in Norwich by Proxama and Exterion Media
Developers will play a fundamental role in the adoption of the internet of things, but must be aware of the security and privacy risks as billions of devices become connected, said Intel's internet of things (IoT) chief, Doug Davis.
Apple has partnered with Dutch chip maker, NXP, to supply near field communication technology that could enable smartphone payments in the next iPhone, according to the FT.
Opening large data sets up to customers is vital to helping the finance sector sector regain lost trust, according to a panel of industry experts.
Big data analytics tools will be crucial to enterprise security as criminals deploy faster and more sophisticated attacks in attempts to steal sensitive data, according to security firm RSA.
The Internet of Things will require a major rethinking of datacentre capacity management to deal with huge data growth, according to analysts Gartner.
Financial institutions face a "significant" and growing cyber threat, as hacktivists and criminals attempt to manipulate markets with distributed denial of service attacks, according to a report.
A quarter of large global organisations will appoint a chief data officer (CDO) by the end of the year, a Gartner analyst has claimed.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCPolicy OfficerNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java Developer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- CCTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCData ScientistACT
- CCIntegration DeveloperVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Data Centre Capacity / Facilities Engineer - Large Telco - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCNetwork TesterVIC
- FTSales ManagerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Desktop ArchitectureSA
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- CCSenior Project Manager x 2 (Infrastructure)NSW
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork DesignerQLD