The board of Pacific Fibre has announced it will cease operations, citing an inability to raise the $400million required to fund the cable build.
Stories by Computerworld NZ
Rakon CEO Brent Robinson has been awarded the Tait Radio Communications Flying Kiwi Award from the Hi-Tech Trust, it was announced yesterday.
Fourteen government websites – including companies office, radio spectrum and consumer affairs - are down following a failed IT upgrade on Saturday.
Telecom has reported a huge drop in net earnings to $166 million, a 56.5 percent decrease compared to last year, when earnings were $382 million.
Telecom and Enable Networks in Christchurch will partner with the government in the Ultra Fast Broadband network.
As companies gear up for cloud computing, new datacentres are being built to meet the expected growth in customer demand for secure, onshore, accessible data management and services.
HP intends to build a $60 million datacentre in Tuakau, Waikato, to be operational in early 2012. It will have initial space of 500 sqm, with expansion options. The facility will be coupled with HP’s Mt Wellington datacentre to provide concurrent systems that run with real-time synchronisation between the sites.
A highlight of yesterday’s Computerworld iTEX Conference and Expo at Auckland’s SkyCity Convention Centre was the announcement of the winners of the Computerworld Excellence in IT Awards.
Shamendra Hurbens, formerly of the North Shore City Council (now part of the new Auckland Council) won the Business Analyst of the Year Award, sponsored by Redvespa, and Ingrid Cronin-Knight, head of business delivery – service capability at Gen-i, won the IT Manager of the Year Award, sponsored by Potentia.
Datacraft's purchase of Integral Axon is now unconditional.
In a statement, Datacraft New Zealand managing director Robin Hartendorp says he is pleased "all conditions had been met and that the offer had been declared wholly unconditional".
The North Shore City Council’s Online Consenting Portal has won the 2010 Computerworld Excellence in the use of ICT in Government Award.
The Award, which is sponsored by HP, was presented at special function at Te Papa in Wellington last night.
Pat O’Connell, CIO of Rank Group, a private company with manufacturing interests worldwide owned by Graeme Hart, is the new chairman of the Telecommunications Users Association.
He replaces Chris O'Connell, who will remain a member of the TUANZ Board, reports Computerworld NZ.
With news of CIO roles being disestablished or downsized becoming common, the recent executive changes at Telecom New Zealand have seen a raising of the profile and responsibility of its CIO, David Havercroft.
Havercroft has taken over and led the crisis team for all the recent XT outages, said Telecom CEO Paul Reynolds.
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- CCSenior Applications EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Engineer/AnalystACT
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTURGENT - Contract opportunity Business Analyst - Finance - Immediate startVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTProgram Director - Consulting FirmACT
- FTNetwork and Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- CCJava Developer- API &Micro servicesNSW
- CCIT Finance AnalystNSW
- CCSystems AnalystNSW
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.