It's been another productive year for CIO's Resume Makeover series. You learned how to target your resume to better highlight your skills, cut out unnecessary descriptions, and list your work history and technical prowess in fewer than three pages.
Stories by Sharon Florentine
The future of your organization rests in the hands of your Infrastructure and Operations talent. Gartner lays out a battle plan to win the war for those tech pros.
The rise of software-defined networks (SDNs) is one of the big tech stories of 2013. For many IT organizations looking at deploying the technology, it's no longer a question of 'if,' but 'when,' according to Gartner's Joe Skorupa, research vice president for Data Center Convergence and Andrew Lerner, research director for Networking, at Gartner.
Gartner predicts that over the next five years the data center will be defined less by geography and more by flexibility and efficiency.
A recent study reports that 50 percent of companies had an IT project fail in the last 12 months. Business leaders who blame IT are missing the real project management issues.
If your workspace is disorganised, you could be losing productivity. These eight tips can help you keep it all together and get the most out of each hour of the day.
What makes an IT organization "world-class?"
Being introverted doesn't have to slow your progress when it comes time to ramp up your career. In fact, introverts have many characteristics that help them succeed in the IT world. However, it's important you understand your characteristics and can control - and even take advantage of - them.
Like most Internet-savvy folks, IT professionals leave bits and pieces of their personal information and professional history scattered across many different social media sites - it's a trail of valuable information for IT recruiters, but it's not an easy one to follow.
Unemployed? Don't sit at home and wait (and hope) for an opportunity. Volunteering your IT skills is a way to keep current and show potential employers your business and technical acumen, your character and your drive.
Cloud technology is a 'must-have' for organisations building out or replacing their data center architecture, but there's still a major cloud skills gap that's impeding faster adoption and growth
If you're looking for a career that combines your passion for software development with your communications skills, becoming a developer advocate may be the job for you. And if you're a software development manager, you may want to consider adding an evangelist to your team to spread the word about your tools and services.
If your company's video technology strategy isn't up to par, you could be losing out on top talent, especially as the next generation of executives comes into their own.
If video and telepresence isn't a priority at your company, you may be missing out on the chance to hire and retain top technology professionals, according to a recent study.
- CCSENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - INFRASTRUCTURENSW
- CCJunior Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork Area Planner x multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTPrincipal Solution Architect ? Healthcare InfrastructureQLD
- FTSecurity Operations SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCOperations Reporting AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager - BankingVIC
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- CCSystem Administrator (TRIM)QLD
- CCNetwork Infrastructure Development EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Security EngineerOther
- CCFull Stack Mobile/Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Cisco Unified Communication Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSecurity DesignerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security TransformationOther
- CCOffice Administrator - TelcoVIC
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCJunior - Mid Level ServiceNow ArchitectQLD
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCReact DeveloperQLD