Far too many projects still do not meet intended goals. Here are five leading indicators of a failing project that — when caught — can drastically improve your project’s chances for success.
Stories by Moira Alexander
Don’t let your projects fall prey to the unnecessary confusion, uncertainty, and harm that can result from these all-too-commonly held project management misconceptions.
Determining, documenting and sharing a project’s scope can be complicated and stressful. Here are a couple of business leaders willing to share how they go about it and what they found to be successful.
Project managers play a vital role in organizational success. Having the right set of tools to tackle analytics, requirements, change and project progress will help you perform at your best.
With agile fast becoming standard practice at most companies, scrum masters are in great demand. Here is a look at the Scrum master role, relevant certifications, expected salaries, and job listings.
There’s no shortage of project management solutions for mid-size and large businesses. Startups, though, have limited budgets and simply can't afford high-priced project management software. Here are seven affordable options.
Politics is an unfortunate reality in many workplaces, but there are steps you can take to reduce the pervasiveness and impact to projects.
If you're new to project management or just want to know about agile methodology, the answers to these 10 frequently asked questions will cover the basics you need to know.
Project management certifications and training, in general, focus heavily on technical knowledge and project phases, but there's still so much more to being a successful leader. Do you have the necessary soft skills to be a top project leader? Here, Moira Alexander shares what decades of experience have taught her.
Identifying available project management methodologies (PMM) is one thing, deciding which one works best for a particular project is much more complicated. Here's how to make the right choice.
If you're a project manager or part of a project team, you know all about the hurried pace of this field. Once projects near their close, is debriefing useful or a waste of time?
A significant part of successfully navigating projects is how effectively you manage risk, but how much of the risk should fall on the shoulders of the project manager, and what can you do to sufficiently mitigate those risks?
Projects succeed only if your team is strong, and project teams are strong only if they have effective communication strategies.
Projects only succeed if your team is strong, and project teams are only strong if they have effective communication strategies.
Deliverables are the life's blood of project management so it only makes sense to do what you can to safeguard against the most common pitfalls.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- CCSenior Internet Applications EngineerNSW
- CCOffice365 SpecialistNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- CCiOS Developer - Brisbane locationOther
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTProject Manager ? Cyber SecurityQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCProject Manager (mid-level)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCOperational Readiness ExpertVIC
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- CCIT Security AnalystACT
- CCMid Level, Project Manager, Sydney CBD, 12 month contractNSW
- CCProject Manager - Service ManagementWA
- CCTechnical Project Manager - BankingVIC
- FTProject Manager/Business Analyst (Hybrid role) - Adelaide BasedSA
- CCDesktop Support Technician - Karratha basedWA
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - RFTVIC
- CCTandem Systems SpecialistVIC
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior ERP Project Manager QLD