Can a friendly humanoid robot help take some of the stress out of air travel? That’s the question being posed by researchers from Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s innovation lab this week in a series of experiments at Sydney International Airport.
Stories by George Nott
An international group of artificial intelligence and robotics experts have signed an open letter to the United Nations to halt the use of autonomous weapons they say threaten to create a ‘third revolution in warfare’.
Two severed robot heads are sat on the shelf, their eyes, as ever, glassy and lifeless. The scalp-plate of one has been removed, exposing a circuit board brain.
At the weekend, Sydney FC made A-League history after win over Newcastle brought their points tally to a record 66. They are 17 points clear at the top of the table, a position they’ve held for 27 consecutive weeks. They are the most successful team in 40 years of national football in Australia.
At a demonstration of Amazon Web Services new artificial intelligence image recognition tool last week, the deep learning analysis calculated with near certainty that a photo of speaker Glenn Gore depicted a potted plant.
“We were able to source a new platform that would not only address our current issues, but that would help drive true digital transformation through a multitude of new features, functionality and critically the ability to bid, buy and sell vehicles from any mobile or tablet device in real time from anywhere in the world,” says Scott Andrews, technology director, Manheim Australia & New Zealand.
Rhipe has invested in a full digital transformation of services over the last 12 months, to deliver intelligent billing, provisioning and support systems backed by new marketing-as-a-Service, support-as-a-service and consulting-as-a-service offerings.
Driving the transformation is Rhipe’s CTO Cameron McFie and what his colleagues call a ‘roll up your sleeves leadership’.
Despite becoming the CEO of the world’s third biggest company in 2014, there was still one ambition Microsoft chief Satya Nadella had left unrealised.
The world’s first commercial delivery of food by drone has took place in New Zealand this morning.
Facebook is searching for a new CIO following the announcement Timothy Campos would be leaving the role after nearly six years.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Engineer (devOps)NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior SAP Business Analyst (Business Intelligence & Data Management)NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperQLD
- CCISAM AdministratorACT
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- CCTest AnalystSA
- CCNetwork Engineer (Voice)NSW
- CCSCCM Deployment TechnicianACT
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCPega ArchitectVIC
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- CCSEPM Security EngineerWA