As Sallie Mae migrates some of its most important applications to the cloud, the largest provider of college loans in the US is keeping an eye on compliance.
Stories by Carolyn Duffy Marsan
CIOs are waking up to the reality that they've lost control over access to data stored in software-as-a-service applications purchased by other departments.
New job opportunities are emerging for IT professionals in the field of "big data," the term used to describe how corporations gather vast amounts of real-time data about their customers and analyze that data to drive decision making and increase profitability.
Citrix CIO Paul Martine is the poster child for everything that Citrix markets to other CIOs.
Should any doubts linger, CIOs and CTOs are techies first no more.
Is 2012 the year to invest in IPv6?
With IT hiring on the rise, CIOs need to worry about an issue that hasn't cropped up in years: how to prevent their most talented employees from being poached by rivals.
Corporate IT departments are faring well despite the stagnant economy, with IT budgets and salaries up this year over last year and projected to grow again in 2011.
This list is not for geeks. It’s for IT professionals of a certain age, who don’t spend every waking hour online but need to keep up with the latest innovations on the internet.
US corporate IT spending will plummet 10 per cent to 20 per cent in 2009, according to the latest projections from Citi Investment Research, which is reporting a "rapid deterioration" of CIO budgets in recent weeks.
Forget about having your own printer, coffee pot or a mini-refrigerator in your office. Heck, you can forget about having your own office, too, because you'll probably get assigned a modular desk in a big, open space.
What will the IT organization of the future look like? We gathered experts for a virtual roundtable discussion about how CIOs are reorganizing their IT operations to improve customer service and gain a competitive advantage from such emerging technologies as wireless networks, unified communications and service-oriented architectures.
The U.S. government is now seeking bids on a 10-year, US$20 billion telecommunications services buy that is believed to be the largest pending network deal in the world, and carriers say they're ready to respond.
The Internet engineering community has proposed a new communications protocol designed to help prosecutors track down people who illegally download copyrighted material from peer-to-peer Web sites.
Sometimes it's hip to be square, as Huey Lewis and the News once sang.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- CCRPG Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSenior Security ConsultantACT
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- CCOperations Manager - Data CentreWA
- CCJunior Network ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Feasibility/ImpactSA
- CCProject Manager (Credit Card Disputes) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSAP BW/BO DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- CCRecords AnalystNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- CCTechnical Field EngineerNSW
- CCAutomation Anywhere developerQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Rules/ Real time analysis)VIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTProject OfficerSA
- FTSenior SAP Business Analyst (Business Intelligence & Data Management)NSW