Videoconferencing continues to gain in popularity as a way to save both time and money, not to mention increase collaboration among a distributed workforce. Here’s how to make the most of the medium.
Stories by Kristin Burnham
Hiring experts share customised keywords that will bump you to the top of LinkedIn searches for CIOs, CTOs, CDOs and vice presidents of IT.
Exclusive social sharing site Quibb gives technology professionals a space to connect with likeminded users to find, share and comment on industry-specific content.
Twitter recently unveiled its latest effort aimed at improving your safety and security: a new Safety Center hub, which aims to cut down on abusive behavior and arm you with information about its tools and policies.
At one time, people considered Microsoft a true contender in the mobile space. Just four years ago, some analysts predicted that Windows Phone would leapfrog BlackBerry and iOS to claim the number two spot behind Android. Some researchers expected Microsoft's market share to hit 20 percent, while others even predicted the company would edge past Android.
If Windows 10 is key to Microsoft's effort to succeed in mobile, then the universal app platform is the technology that could make that happen. It promises to bring developers the cross-device nirvana they have long sought from Microsoft, but there are still challenges before Windows 10 can make headway against Android and iOS.
Eighteen months ago, Walmart was at a crossroads that many businesses new to social media find themselves: It was aware that a presence on social media was important for its brand, but it was lacking a clear, defined strategy.
According to research firm Gartner, 80 percent of social business efforts will fail through 2015- a disconcerting statistic for the 50 percent of all large businesses expected to deploy social networks in the next three years.
LinkedIn's newest feature lets you showcase your professional achievements by uploading presentations, documents, images and video to your profile. Here are step-by-step instructions for improving your LinkedIn brand.
Do you know what to do if your Twitter account is hacked? Here are four steps to take to regain control of your account and ensure it doesn't happen again.
Whether you can't wait to tell your employer you're moving on or you're dreading the conversation, your behavior in your last days at a company can leave a lasting impression on your professional reputation.
"Acting graciously-despite what your instincts may tell you-is so important: You can demolish your investment in your career and work relationships if you're not careful," says LinkedIn Connection Director Nicole Williams. "Leaving can be hard, but you want to be as elegant and as refined in your departure as possible. Ultimately, it's to your best advantage," she says.
The only rule of Facebook hackathons is you can't work on work.
It's no secret that enterprise collaboration is on the rise: Research firmGartner predicts that by 2015, 40 percent of large businesses will have the equivalent of a corporate Facebook network.
One of the most anticipated tech IPO filings ever revealed what everyone already knew: Facebook is stinking rich.
You know the typical labels associated with Gen Y, or people between the ages of 18 and 29: They are more tech-savvy than other generations, are achievement-oriented and, some would say, are an entitled group that's infiltrating the workforce.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Consultant (Security)Other
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- CCTechnical BA - BI/DatawarehouseNSW
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTClient Relationship Manager - HealthcareVIC
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- FTPlatform Architect - Infrastructure/CloudVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCProject ManagersVIC
- FTCheckpoint Engineers wantedVIC
- CCTeam / Process / Project Coordinator ? Telco ? 6 mth contract - Nth SydNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager - PCI ComplianceQLD
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCDatabase Migration SupportNSW
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCXamarin DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC