A growing trend in the disaster recovery arena for cloud providers is the use of load-balanced datacentres instead of hot-cold datacentres. Companies are deploying private clouds that are load balanced between their datacenters to take care of disaster needs. If one datacenter suffered from a disaster, the other datacenter would be operating even though it is at reduced capacity.
Stories by Gregory Machler
I've been an architect on some complex applications and I have a significant concern about assessing architectural risk for public/private cloud applications.
Traditional risk assessments focus on external/internal access to confidential information like social security numbers, credit card number, and for banks PINs for the ATMs. Access controls and network protection are high priorities because they suppress the risk.
Where does a 500-million-dollar, mid-sized company go to implement cloud computing? Where should they begin? How should a company phase its deployment <a href="http://www.csoonline.com/article/655483/report-breaches-in-the-cloud-illustrate-need-for-stronger-authentication">in order to reduce risks</a>?
There's a tremendous buzz today about cloud computing, but before outsourcing your critical business systems to the cloud let's review some security concerns.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- FTStorage & Data Protection Team LeadACT
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersWA
- CCProject Manager - IVRVIC
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW