Over the past couple years, identity management technologies, including provisioning, web access management and directory services, have been joined by an emerging set of technologies that involve role management, identity audit and governance, and entitlement management. These technologies can play a key role in meeting both business requirements related to auditing and reporting, and security requirements regarding user access to sensitive applications and information.
Stories by Katherine Walsh
At the most basic level, cryptography is the science of using math to protect information. Paul Kocher, president and chief scientist at Cryptography Research, has made a career out of using these algorithms to protect companies from fraud and piracy. CSO talked with him about cryptography's history, present, future, and how it will continue to fit into the changing security landscape.
Business technology is the new information technology, says Forrester Research's VP and Research Director Laurie M. Orlov. The new term represents IT's future, according to her recent report "Business Technology: Do Business Execs Get IT?" "IT organizations are becoming more focused on the business of the firm, and not necessarily the technology or IT of it," Orlov says. But in order for IT and business to align, "all execs must be able to pass an IT knowledge test," writes Orlov.
Our 20 Ones to Watch honourees bring business acumen, technical skill and passion to their drive for leadership.
Simon Benzekri, 38
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTPlatform Engineer (Teradata/Datastage) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther