Google's $12.5 billion acquisition of Motorola Mobility is far and away Google's biggest-ever purchase -- in fact, it's greater than Google's next 10 biggest acquisitions combined and only its third above a billion dollars.
Stories by Jon Brodkin
If IT shops want to prevent users from going to the Cloud, they have to bring the Cloud to the users.
Over the next five years, enterprise IT spending will represent a period of timid and at times lacklustre growth.
Worldwide enterprise IT spending will rise from US$2.38 trillion this year to $2.46 trillion in 2011, a 3.1 percent increase, according to research firm Gartner. IT spending will continue to rise in the next few years, but only slightly.
Small and midsize businesses are confident in their disaster recovery capabilities, but their actual performance preventing outages shows they are "remarkably unprepared," according to survey results released Monday by Symantec.
Most SOA efforts will fail spectacularly.
IBM CIO Mark Hennessy took on his current role in July, after 25 years of holding sales, marketing, and general management positions at Big Blue. In his "first pure-technology job," Hennessy is responsible for the technology needs of 372,000 employees worldwide, along with eight million square feet of data centers and thousands of servers and applications.
Which technologies must any good IT executive examine in 2008? The list includes green power, unified communications, virtualization, mashups and social software.
Gartner has identified the “Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2008”, and is urging IT executives to think about the risk of not implementing each one. If your competitor masters one of these technologies and you don't, will you be at a strategic disadvantage?
Skip the Grammys. The Oscars are boring. It's time to talk about the only award in the history of the Earth that has been presented both to ducks that practice homosexual necrophilia and Dan Quayle.
That's right, it's time for the Ig Nobel Prizes, which are ... ahem ... "loosely" affiliated with Harvard University. It's not quite the anti-Nobel, since you're bound to learn about some real, if weird, science Thursday if you attend this year's ceremony at Harvard's Sanders Theater, or if you watch the live webcast.
Any chief security officer can tell you there's a fine line between managing risk and fostering innovation. And the CSO's relationship with the company's CIO largely determines where that line is drawn.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCSenior Analyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTStorage EngineerACT
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneyQLD
- CCNetwork Data EngineerWA
- CCSenior Data Centre Capacity / Facilities Engineer - Large Telco - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- CCAS400 Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- CCPlatform Engineer - Identity & Access Management - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCDataPower AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- CCSite Acquisition Coordinator - Sydney basedNSW
- CCPatching ManagerVIC
- CCProject OfficerQLD