The shape of the future is discernible if we can find the relevant patterns.
Stories by Thornton May
Organisations won’t reap the rewards of powerful collaboration tools if they don’t make collaboration itself a strategic priority.
In our interdependent age, everything depends on a series of collaborations, and yet collaboration remains largely unmeasured and unmanaged.
While every career involves a bit of luck and serendipity, they can and should be managed.
The answers to the questions you ask yourself will determine the direction you take your organization.
Too often, big ideas exist in press releases, CEO public statements and marketing campaigns but are not part of the operational agenda.
Medieval society revolved around the knight. I recall that James Burke, the British polymath saying how the introduction of the stirrup via Afghanistan to Europe led to mounted knights, whose military successes led to a desire for bigger horses, which led to a form of agriculture suited to breeding bigger horses, which required dukes to oversee an extended agricultural enterprise, which all evolved into the feudal system.
In medieval times, decisions about who got to wear the shining armour, how it was to be worn and used, and who had to clean up after the animals, cut the wood or stoke the fires associated with making metal suits of armour were not left to chance. The cost of armour, horses and weapons was quite significant. An entire economy had to be created to get the knight up on horseback and ready for combat.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTJava AWS DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect (Software/API background)QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- CCITIL Service ManagerQLD
- FTIT Field TechnicianNSW
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber Security - CanberraNSW
- CCDigital UX OfficerNSW
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCProgram Coordinator | IT TransformationNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantSA
- CCChange Communications Specialist l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTProblem ManagerSA
- CCIT Security Manager - OperationsNSW
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- FTIT Security OfficerVIC