Both bitcoin and blockchain are vulnerable to attack. Here's what you need to know to protect yourself and why blockchain is becoming a foundational technology.
Stories by Roger A. Grimes
As a 30-year road warrior, I’ve learned some security truths that seem wrong, but must be accepted if you really want to understand the threats you face.
Redirected internet searches, unexpected installs, rogue mouse pointers: Here's what to do when you've been 0wned.
The PKI industry recommends that every SHA-1 enabled PKI move to the vastly more secure SHA-2. Here's why and how.
We've never been closer to getting pervasive, global identities. And with 2FA/MFA, you get all of the benefit with less of the risk.
Code embedded in hardware has vulnerabilities and it's harder to patch. That will make it a target for hackers.
For all the emphasis on tools and gizmos, IT is still very much about the people who develop and use said tools and gizmos. Collaboration, mutual respect, passion for the work -- all this and more are essential to a beneficial outcome, whether your IT group is shipping code, swatting bugs, working with business users, or securing company systems.
Advanced persistent threats have garnered a lot of attention of late, deservedly so. APTs are arguably the most dangerous security concern for business organizations today, given their targeted nature.
Most malware is mundane, but these innovative techniques are exploiting systems and networks of even the savviest users
It's security's dirty little secret: Not having your users logged in as root or administrator will not stop malware.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCProject OfficerVIC
- CCData Migration CoordinatorACT
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCJava LeadQLD
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Engineer -VoiceWA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Network Deployment Pgm) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- CCDigital Content Writer and LeadACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCLinux Infrastructure Engineer - Telco industryVIC
- CCProject Officer (Network Deployment Pgm) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- CCJunior to Mid Level Tester - BankingQLD
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- CCLead Change ManagerNSW