Hyperconverged systems combine storage, compute and network functionality in a single, highly virtualized solution. Hyperconvergence gained traction in 2017 as enterprises shifted storage spending to software. As the new year rolls in, the momentum will continue.
Stories by Ann Bednarz
Hyperconvergence aims to simplify data center operations by combining compute, storage and networking in a software-driven appliance.
Inflexible IT architectures can be a barrier to organizational change. As companies embark on digital transformations aimed at improving their business, the pressure is on IT to reduce complexity and increase the efficiency of enterprise systems and applications.
IT pros from the education industry share their must-have tools for data security, mobile device management and network monitoring.
When it comes to on-the-job happiness, IT pros say the most important factor is the quality of relationships with coworkers. Compensation ranks second.
Robert Half Technology surveyed 2,500 CIOs in 25 metropolitan areas. Respondents from 10 cities reported above-average happiness, with Miami hosting the most content IT chiefs.
Starting salaries for newly hired IT workers are forecast to climb 3.8% in 2017
Data scientists are in line for the biggest pay hikes among data/data administration pros
Employers more willing to negotiate pay rates, reports Robert Half Technology
3M unseats Google as most preferred workplace for millennials in survey from National Society of High School Scholars
Pay packages of 25 Fortune 500 execs revealed
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
It takes many tools to keep IT systems running smoothly, and tech pros have their personal favorites.
Secure file sharing is imperative for Lawyers Without Borders, a group that works with volunteer lawyers to advance human rights law in conflict-ridden regions. The nonprofit organization, headquartered in Hartford, Conn., uses Intralinks VIA to protect confidential legal documents and court papers from unsanctioned access.
Computer science programs across the U.S. are designing new buildings to foster collaboration, hand-on instruction, and interdisciplinary learning.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCLead Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Data Centre Capacity / Facilities Engineer - Large Telco - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- FTJD Edwards Principle/ Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCMS Exchange / Messaging AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCSenior Program ManagerNSW
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCSite Acquisition Coordinator - Sydney basedNSW
- FTPrinciple Security Consultant / Practice Partner - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCLead Change ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- CCJava LeadVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Application DevelopmentWA
- TPDigital Content Writer and LeadACT