Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDS) is continuing to experience problems with a welfare case management and telephony system it developed for the U.K. government and as a result, the Plano, Texas, company is having a hard time getting paid.
Stories by Laura Rohde
Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates will receive an honorary Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.
Concern is mounting in political circles over the U.K. government's plan to couple ID cards that use biometric technology with a massive national database.
IT system failures continued to plague the U.K. government last week, when as many as 80,000 civil servants working for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) had to deal with what is being described in the local press as the biggest computer crash in government history.
The U.K. government's high-tech plans for ID cards using biometric technology was announced Tuesday in the Queen's Speech, amid the traditional pomp and pageantry of the annual opening of the U.K. Parliament.
The plethora of security technologies on the market are enough to overwhelm even the most knowledgeable IT managers, but in sorting through all of the options, it may be helpful to look at what is not needed, according to Gartner research detailed Monday in London at its IT Security Summit conference.
Customers will be able to get their hands on the delayed version of Oracle Corp.'s E-Business Suite 11i.10 within 60 days, the company announced Monday, at the opening day of its OpenWorld conference in London.
Oracle rang in the first day of its OpenWorld European conference series on Monday by touting the growth of grid computing in Europe, followed with the main news of the day: the release of E-Business Suite Version 11i.10.
UK representatives for Oracle and rival PeopleSoft have declined to comment on a report that the US Department of Justice (DOJ) is preparing a possible antitrust challenge to Oracle's takeover bid for PeopleSoft.
"Attorneys familiar with the deal" have cited various moves within the DOJ as strong signals that the government agency is readying its case for stopping the proposed merger, according to a report in the online edition of the USA Today newspaper Thursday.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTPlatform Engineer (Teradata/Datastage) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther