Electronic Data Systems Corp. (EDS) is continuing to experience problems with a welfare case management and telephony system it developed for the U.K. government and as a result, the Plano, Texas, company is having a hard time getting paid.
Stories by Laura Rohde
Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect Bill Gates will receive an honorary Knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II in a ceremony at Buckingham Palace on Wednesday.
Concern is mounting in political circles over the U.K. government's plan to couple ID cards that use biometric technology with a massive national database.
IT system failures continued to plague the U.K. government last week, when as many as 80,000 civil servants working for the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) had to deal with what is being described in the local press as the biggest computer crash in government history.
The U.K. government's high-tech plans for ID cards using biometric technology was announced Tuesday in the Queen's Speech, amid the traditional pomp and pageantry of the annual opening of the U.K. Parliament.
The plethora of security technologies on the market are enough to overwhelm even the most knowledgeable IT managers, but in sorting through all of the options, it may be helpful to look at what is not needed, according to Gartner research detailed Monday in London at its IT Security Summit conference.
Customers will be able to get their hands on the delayed version of Oracle Corp.'s E-Business Suite 11i.10 within 60 days, the company announced Monday, at the opening day of its OpenWorld conference in London.
Oracle rang in the first day of its OpenWorld European conference series on Monday by touting the growth of grid computing in Europe, followed with the main news of the day: the release of E-Business Suite Version 11i.10.
UK representatives for Oracle and rival PeopleSoft have declined to comment on a report that the US Department of Justice (DOJ) is preparing a possible antitrust challenge to Oracle's takeover bid for PeopleSoft.
"Attorneys familiar with the deal" have cited various moves within the DOJ as strong signals that the government agency is readying its case for stopping the proposed merger, according to a report in the online edition of the USA Today newspaper Thursday.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCNetwork SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesNSW
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- CCProject DirectorQLD
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCData Analyst - SAP Data Services Exp RequiredQLD
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCInformation Security and Risk AnalystNSW
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.