Customer journey maps, responsive design and a mobile-first mindset are key elements to a mobile IT strategy.
Stories by CIO Executive Council
Here's a look at how three CIOs are cultivating a business-focused outlook among the up-and-coming IT leaders who report to them.
Three CIOs discuss how they balance traditional and unconventional approaches to keep projects on track and deliver on their promises.
Learn how three innovate CIOs are minimizing the risks of shadow IT, optimizing opportunities and building better partnerships.
Tech execs boost IT credibility by educating their peers about the business benefits they deliver.
Too much security -- or too little -- could bankrupt a company. These IT executives offer advice on finding the right balance.
Three IT leaders share their strategies for telling the technology story to the board of directors. In short, you need to be focused, compelling and straightforward -- and a little humour doesn't hurt.
These CIOs are engaging the next generation of IT workers with programs that energise, inspire and educate young students about the real world of IT.
When these companies went global, they leveraged IT to unify, localize and lay the foundation for future growth
Scenario: Enhancing IT's reputation by using business intelligence to help make better decisions
Scenario: Convincing C-suite peers
Scenario: Keeping IT Staff at the Business Table
Your ERP rollout is global. But as you work with offices around the world, remember that all ERP is local, say IT leaders who've been there. Consider this expert advice from IT leaders on the CIO Executive Council:
Chris Patrick is the global CIO practice leader at executive recruiter Egon Zehnder International (EZI), and co-author with EZI Partner Steve Kelner, of a new online series for cio.com--<a href="http://www.cio.com/article/590603/">Your Leadership Portfolio</a>--which examines the key leadership competencies that IT executives must cultivate over the course of their careers to meet the future demands of the role. Patrick sat down with Rick Pastore, managing director of the CIO Executive Council, for a discussion on the evolving role of the CIO, the impact of the worldwide recession, and the progress IT leaders are making in meeting the expectations of the CEO.
How can CIOs demonstrate their ability to lead business initiatives that transcend IT?
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTOracle Financial Functional Oracle FinancialNSW
- CCProblem manager - OSS, Service Assurance appsVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneySA
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- FTStorage & Data Protection Team LeadACT
- CCWintel Team LeadWA
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersWA
- CCProject Manager - IVRVIC
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW