Before Apple announced its first smartwatch on Tuesday, some tech pundits were convinced that Apple would reimagine wearable technology in a way that no other smartwatches have. Some wondered whether the final product would resemble a watch at all, or even have a screen.
Stories by Jared Newman
The game of tennis is about to get geekier, with Ralph Lauren introducing a high-tech shirt for players.
While shipments of smartwatches and fitness bands have ballooned over the last year, not everyone's falling in love with wearables quite yet.
Yahoo is amping up its encryption efforts to keep its data out of view from the government's prying eyes. The move comes after allegations that the National Security Agency has been spying on Yahoo and other tech companies without their knowledge.
To help the Internet move on from usernames and passwords, Google wants to put a ring on it.
When the U.S. Department of Justice shut down MegaUpload and sued its operators for copyright infringement last week, users who were storing files legally on the site became collateral damage. Now, some of them are looking to sue the government over lost data, TorrentFreak reports.
The Stop Online Piracy Act and the Protect IP Act are getting more negative attention, as major websites such as <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/248274/wikipedia_other_sites_to_protest_antipiracy_bills_with_blackouts.html">Wikipedia plan to protest the bills</a> with blackouts on Wednesday. Even Google will join the action, with a link on its homepage explaining why the company opposes the legislation.
Since the advent of the first modern smartphone--arguably the original Apple iPhone in 2007--the power of these mobile computing devices that also happen to make phone calls has advanced by leaps and bounds.
With Facebook's new Timelines and Open Graph apps, CEO Mark Zuckerberg has advanced his vision of a world that loves to share. Profile pages will soon summarise your life's history, and apps are now able to feed a steady stream of activity to friends and followers automatically.
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTSAP HR / ABAP ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- CCContinuous Improvement and Change Specialist (Black Belt) - Contract - Nth SydNSW
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTData AnalystSA
- CCScrum Master - Online DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- CCIntegration/DevOps EngineerQLD
- FTClient PrincipalACT
- FTFull Stack Developer - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSQL Server Reports DeveloperQLD
- FTControl Systems SpecialistSA
- FTDNS Security SpecialistOther
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - PresalesACT
- CCData Science ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Manager-SCADANSW
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCPolicy OfficerNSW