We naturally assume that industrial enterprises are the most fertile grounds for e-business implementation. And we assume that conducting e-business requires communications infrastructure and a minimum level of computer literacy. On a recent trip to India, I discovered how wrong those assumptions are. A quiet digital revolution is reshaping the lives of farmers in remote Indian villages.
Stories by Mohanbir Sawhney
As a business school professor, my compensation is based in part on how satisfied my students are. The corporate world follows a similar logic. CEOs get paid based on how shareholders value their company's stock. Companies such as Cisco Systems Inc., Siebel Systems Inc. and Sun Microsystems Inc. link bonus compensation to customer satisfaction.
In today's harsh economic climate, CFOs and CEOs are asking tough questions about the returns on investment from their e-business projects. They are confronting CIOs with the command that Cuba Gooding Jr repeatedly says to his agent in the movie Jerry Maguire: "Show me the money!"Gone are the days when e-business projects would be approved based on faith, fear or greed. Nowadays, every such project has to be justified with a solid business case that includes an estimated ROI.
B2B exchanges failed because they got their business model backward.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCAutomation Test ManagerVIC
- FTSoftware Developer (Ruby on Rails)NSW
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- CCWintel EngineerQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCNetwork Data AdministratorWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTData Analysts/ EngineersACT
- CCIteration Manager - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- CCPolicy OfficerNSW
- CCMS Exchange / Messaging AdministratorWA
- CCProject Manager (Junior-Mid Level)QLD
- CCDataPower AdministratorACT
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureWA