Telecom has chosen Huawei to build its 4G/LTE network, which is due to go live in October.
Stories by Computerworld New Zealand staff
The local IT services market grew 4.4 percent year-on-year for the first six months of 2012, reaching NZ$1.7 billion, reports IDC.
IDC says fibre penetration in New Zealand will hit 50 percent by 2020.
IT research firm IDC New Zealand has appointed former Telecom strategic alliances manager Adam Dodds to the role of research manager, IT services.
The government has announced it is investing $92 million over six years towards funding hi-tech research at 31 universities, Crown Research Institutes (CRI) and private companies as part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's second 2012 science investment round.
New Zealand is among the first countries to have access to a technology developed by Microsoft that identifies and removes images posted on the internet that exploit or endanger children.
Consumers and SMEs are reluctant to upgrade to faster internet connections due to perceived costs of rewiring homes and premises, says a Commerce Commission <a href="http://www.comcom.govt.nz/high-speed-broadband-services-demand-side-study">paper</a> released today.
Gartner is <a href="http://blogs.gartner.com/andrea_dimaio/2011/12/09/new-zealand-shows-a-wise-approach-to-the-cloud/">praising</a> the New Zealand government's approach towards its cloud programme, calling it sensible and with a clear purpose.
ICT-NZ, the proposed new ICT industry representative body, has closed its doors.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Java Developer (Brisbane Location)ACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCLinux System AdministrationVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager/Scrum MasterNSW
- CCHP Service Management Engineer/adminVIC
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneNSW
- CCData ArchitectACT
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTPlatform Engineer (Teradata/Datastage) - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCTransition Manger - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- CCVirtualisation Network EngineerVIC
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Consultant - Portfolio GovernanceVIC
- FTSecurity Leads - $800 per dayOther