Telecom has chosen Huawei to build its 4G/LTE network, which is due to go live in October.
Stories by Computerworld New Zealand staff
The local IT services market grew 4.4 percent year-on-year for the first six months of 2012, reaching NZ$1.7 billion, reports IDC.
IDC says fibre penetration in New Zealand will hit 50 percent by 2020.
IT research firm IDC New Zealand has appointed former Telecom strategic alliances manager Adam Dodds to the role of research manager, IT services.
The government has announced it is investing $92 million over six years towards funding hi-tech research at 31 universities, Crown Research Institutes (CRI) and private companies as part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment's second 2012 science investment round.
New Zealand is among the first countries to have access to a technology developed by Microsoft that identifies and removes images posted on the internet that exploit or endanger children.
Consumers and SMEs are reluctant to upgrade to faster internet connections due to perceived costs of rewiring homes and premises, says a Commerce Commission <a href="http://www.comcom.govt.nz/high-speed-broadband-services-demand-side-study">paper</a> released today.
Gartner is <a href="http://blogs.gartner.com/andrea_dimaio/2011/12/09/new-zealand-shows-a-wise-approach-to-the-cloud/">praising</a> the New Zealand government's approach towards its cloud programme, calling it sensible and with a clear purpose.
ICT-NZ, the proposed new ICT industry representative body, has closed its doors.
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst ? Digital ProgramQLD
- CCLead Service DesignerACT
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Project SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTProgram Director - Consulting FirmACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- CCAngular DevelopersACT
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- CCProject Manager - Office Expansion ProjectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.