Many government agencies have already moved basic applications and services to the cloud, but when it comes to the next wave, CIOs must take a hard look at their systems and negotiate flexible contracts with vendors.
Stories by Kenneth Corbin
It’s been more than two years in to the most ambitious overhaul of federal IT in almost 20 years, and many CIOs say they still lack authority over new acquisitions and aren't able to halt failing projects.
Amid widespread hacking purportedly sanctioned by the Russian government, FBI Director Comey confirms active investigation into potential coordination between Trump campaign and foreign operatives, while shooting down allegations that Obama had Trump Tower wiretapped.
Finding of hundreds of pieces of unauthorized networking equipment, including many off-the-shelf consumer-grade devices, compelled the Department of Transportation CIO to alert department leadership and launch a rearchitecture of the network.
Leading platform providers are exploring new ways to actively engage in counter-messaging, building on robust systems to flag and remove extremist content.
Outgoing FCC chairman Tom Wheeler urges his successors not to undo controversial open internet order, which he says is key to a vibrant cloud computing marketplace.
Trump has vowed to block the $85 billion mega-merger of AT&T/Time Warner, but the heads of the telecom and media giants argue that the antitrust review will show the deal to be pro-competitive and pro-consumer.
Cyber experts warn that lax security of billions of new networked internet of things devices will create a target-rich environment that could have devastating consequences.
As new units of IT experts take shape across departments and agencies to advance high-priority projects, lawmakers and a government watchdog warn that CIO authorities must be preserved.
Amid a new report from the New America Foundation, quantifying the economic impact of the software industry, Obama administration officials stress importance of broadening access to programming instruction in K-12 schools.
In ambitious bid to accelerate cancer diagnosis and treatment, vice president announces aggregated set of genomic and clinical cancer data.
Top official in Defense Department's cybersecurity unit says organization is doing an ‘effective job’ at recruiting, but keeping up with the evolving threat landscape remains a challenge.
Military health official warns that cyber hygiene falls short in health IT. Healthcare data breaches have hit more than nine out of 10 organizations in the field.
With three-quarters of all government IT spending going to support legacy systems, administration is seeking to borrow a page from private sector with a dedicated modernization fund.
Senior State Department official says cyber is fundamentally different than any sort of conventional military or diplomatic arena, urges ongoing and multilateral development of ‘norms’ in global Internet talks.
- CCLand Access Coordinators - TelcoVIC
- CCGroup Finance & Planning Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- CCWintel Messaging Engineer l Office 365 / Exchange / Skype for Business / AzureNSW
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- CCAdlib DeveloperVIC
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- CCKofax DeveloperVIC
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- CCSenior AngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCPNI ConsultantVIC
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayQLD
- CCTest Analyst - BrisbaneACT
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTIntegration DeveloperVIC
- FTCyber Security ArchitectOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.