Leading companies are applying gender intelligence practices to boost diversity in their technology ranks and to capitalize on different perspectives of men and women for competitive advantage.
Stories by Beth Stackpole
From the time he was 9, Daniel Kowalski, now 23, knew cybersecurity was going to be his thing. Captivated by the stealth work of hackers in commercials and in his favorite movie, Live Free or Die Hard, Kowalski nurtured his fascination with security from a young age, pursuing multiple IT and security certifications during high school and earning a degree in computer criminology at Florida State University.
As CIO of General Electric's Digital Energy division, Venki Rao has invested a fair amount of time identifying and developing IT talent. But four years ago, during a boot camp kicking off GE's companywide IT Leadership Program (ITLP) for college recruits, Rao quickly realized the learning opportunity had become a two-way street.
Cynthia Hamburger spent years climbing the corporate IT ladder, including a stint as a CIO at Dun & Bradstreet, yet when she was offered the CIO post at Learning Ally, she politely declined.
After years of maintenance-only spending, IT leaders are ready to invest. Find out which technologies - and which IT professionals - are pulling down the dough.
Fast-growing companies like Square and MongoDB are driving IT innovation with leaner staffs, cloud-first computing, self-service everything and CTOs rather than CIOs.
Got your "big data" plan in place? If not, you may want to start thinking about implementing one.
Last summer, about 30 hand-picked IT managers convened in an executive classroom for the third session of CIO University, a leadership development program for would-be CIOs. The agenda was chock-full of sessions covering best practices for stakeholder management along with role-playing exercises to explore the Thomas-Kilmann model of conflict resolution. Guest speakers included C-level executives as well as former attendees who had gone on to become CIOs. A post-session happy hour and dinner gave participants a chance to network, exchange insights and simply blow off steam.
- CCData Management OfficerNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer (Voice)NSW
- CCSenior Application SpecialistNSW
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst x2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneSA
- FTCyber Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCMS Dynamics Technical Consultant - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCLinux Platform/Development SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- CCOperations Manager - Data CentreWA
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Office 365QLD