Leading companies are applying gender intelligence practices to boost diversity in their technology ranks and to capitalize on different perspectives of men and women for competitive advantage.
Stories by Beth Stackpole
From the time he was 9, Daniel Kowalski, now 23, knew cybersecurity was going to be his thing. Captivated by the stealth work of hackers in commercials and in his favorite movie, Live Free or Die Hard, Kowalski nurtured his fascination with security from a young age, pursuing multiple IT and security certifications during high school and earning a degree in computer criminology at Florida State University.
As CIO of General Electric's Digital Energy division, Venki Rao has invested a fair amount of time identifying and developing IT talent. But four years ago, during a boot camp kicking off GE's companywide IT Leadership Program (ITLP) for college recruits, Rao quickly realized the learning opportunity had become a two-way street.
Cynthia Hamburger spent years climbing the corporate IT ladder, including a stint as a CIO at Dun & Bradstreet, yet when she was offered the CIO post at Learning Ally, she politely declined.
After years of maintenance-only spending, IT leaders are ready to invest. Find out which technologies - and which IT professionals - are pulling down the dough.
Fast-growing companies like Square and MongoDB are driving IT innovation with leaner staffs, cloud-first computing, self-service everything and CTOs rather than CIOs.
Got your "big data" plan in place? If not, you may want to start thinking about implementing one.
Last summer, about 30 hand-picked IT managers convened in an executive classroom for the third session of CIO University, a leadership development program for would-be CIOs. The agenda was chock-full of sessions covering best practices for stakeholder management along with role-playing exercises to explore the Thomas-Kilmann model of conflict resolution. Guest speakers included C-level executives as well as former attendees who had gone on to become CIOs. A post-session happy hour and dinner gave participants a chance to network, exchange insights and simply blow off steam.
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW
- CCData Analysts x3ACT
- CCMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- FTProject SchedulersSA
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPractice Manager - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCiMIS AdministratorNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCJunior Website AdministratorACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- CCTechnical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- FTDigital Transformation Architect - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.