Strategy can be an art or a science. Most CIOs experience more personal and organisational success when they demonstrate how IT contributes to business success using an artful approach to strategy development.
Stories by Andrew Rowsell-Jones
The greatest challenge faced by enterprises dealing with digitalisation is the question of how they will stay relevant in response to big change and industry disruption.
Effective CIO participation in corporate planning is critical for business and IT success. However, engaging in corporate planning can be a bumpy road for CIOs due to conflicting time lines, power politics, unforeseen shocks and shifting priorities in business units and the corporate office.
Fortunately, it's possible to follow the taillights of some CIOs who have successfully navigated the potholes and washed-out bridges. Their starting point in the planning process was figuring out their enterprise context.
Executive expectations for IT have evolved from delivering technology services to contributing to strategic differentiation and growth of the business. CEOs are increasingly asking their CIOs: Do I have the right IT? And how do I know? To answer these questions, CIOs must connect their IT capabilities with the unique perspectives of their business models for delivering value.
Traditionally, IS organizations are focussed on providing efficient services that run their businesses. This is no longer sufficient. CIOs must engage on top-line growth.
Formula one racing is the pinnacle of motor sports. The courses are demanding and the F1 cars are fast and maneuverable.
CEOs often claim their enterprises are like F1 cars. The truth is many have built cars, or even old school buses, for the main straight only. Try changing direction too fast and the enterprise will crash and burn at the first corner.
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- CCService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- CCICT Technical Change ManagerQLD
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- CCSenior Network EngineerVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- CCProgram Manager - Telco O2AVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Process AnalystNSW
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideSA
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Tech Business AnalystNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD