Annual Rocket Pitch event at Babson College produces rapid-fire startup ideas from young entrepreneurs
Stories by Bob Brown
Industry watchers such as CB Insights show that venture capital funding of internet of things companies is actually on the decline. But we've seen enough fresh funding in the months since we rounded up 10 Internet of Things companies to watch back in April, to justify us doing this follow-up with 7 additional firms, most of them startups.
A pair of studies released this week shed light on challenges -- including career advancement and equal pay -- facing women in technology.
It's good to be an Internet of Things startup these days, as investments from Cisco, Nokia, Verizon and others show. Here's a look at 10 IoT companies that could make an impact on the consumer and/or enterprise market.
The open source community was stunned this week to learn that Ian Murdock, the "ian" in Linux distribution Debian, has died at the age of 42.
Tech industry employers ponder the question of how to hire good tech talent, and whether "good" is good enough.
Amidst all the excitement about the possible benefits of the Internet of Things, a slew of warnings have been sounded by IT pros, vendors and analysts about looming security threats. Now you can add the FBI to that list of those cautioning enthusiasts.
Outgoing and incoming Cisco CEOs John Chambers and Chuck Robbins weren’t the only attractions at the annual Cisco event in San Diego this week.
Unicorns are all the rage these days, and we're not talking about the ones in fantasy stories or on your kids' bedspreads. The unicorns that people at events like last week's <a href="http://tiestartupcon.com/">TIE Startup Con</a> (formerly TIEcon East) are agog over are private companies with valuations of $1 billion or more, such as co-working office space provider <a href="https://www.wework.com/">WeWork</a> and data virtualization company <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/article/2216568/security/actifio-debuts--introduces-new-data-protection-applications.html">Actifio</a>, whose founders talked shop during the opening panel at the Cambridge, Mass., get-together for entrepreneurs and investors.
Cisco’s choice of Chuck Robbins, Senior VP of Worldwide Field Operations, as the company’s next CEO came as a surprise given that two Cisco presidents were seen as frontrunners for the job.
15 classic games nominated to be inducted as first class of Video Game Hall of Fame in Rochester.
Dan Fredinburg, an engineer who worked on many of Google's most exciting projects during his 8 years with the company, died over the weekend in an avalanche on Mount Everest triggered by Nepal's devastating earthquake</a>.
Friday the 13th comes three times in 2015 – make the most of it.
We've tossed in a couple of freeware offerings that are no more as well
Musicians dominate the 2014 list of celebs you might not want to search on for fear of malware
- FTVoice EngineerACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsACT
- FTTechnical Analyst, Cybercrime OperationsVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- PTMultiple Security AnalystsACT
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce Cloud LeadVIC
- CCEnterprise Architect / Network & InfrastructureNSW
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCProject Manager - Office 365 Mail MigrationQLD
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Tester - SeleniumACT
- CCTraining and Support LeadNSW
- CCSenior Change ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- CCWorkforce Management Solutions Expert in Workbrain - Brisbane BasedQLD
- FTEnterprise Security ArchitectOther
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how IT is evolving from producer to enabler, and fostering collaboration around analytics.
- Free Whitepaper! Learn how to create an analytics environment that is governed, scalable and self-serve.
- Free Whitepaper! The 5 criteria to help you select the right analytics platform for your organization.